SPEEDOMETER CABLE REPLACEMENT

I have just refitted my newly refurbished speedo and was all exited when I took it for a drive but it was not registering at all.

I disconnected the cable and turned the rear wheel but the inner part was not moving so I guess I will have to renew the complete cable.

The car is a 1966 TR4a with overdrive 

Big question...does the centre tunnel have to be removed to attach the gearbox connection as it looks very difficult 

to access.

Some guidance would be greatly received

Cheers Lee

Was it working before? It could be that the inner has moved. Push the inner cable in a bit further.

I presume you only jacked up one rear wheel and not both.

Some gearbox covers have an access panel over the speedo drive. It's a lumpy sticky out bit on the right side towards the rear of the tunnel.

Otherwise the tunnel has to come out. Search for 'speedo angle drive' as that may be a suspect.

Jerry

I agree with Jerry, when the inner flexible drive is fully home in the angle drive there should be 3/8" projecting at the speedo end. Turn the flexible drive a little bit at a time and repeatedly try to pFlexible Drive Projection.docxush it further into the angle drive.

Tim