Window winder orientation

Hi All,

Can someone please tell me the correct orientation of the TR5 window winders when the windows are closed? Mine are at 3 o'clock, on the left hand side and 9 o'clock on the right hand side, which makes then a bit difficult to operate. 

Thanks,

Denis

I doubt there is a correct orientation Denis and suspect they were fitted any which way by the factory! I don't know how similar the handles are in a 5 but in  my 4A I orient them so that when the window is fully up (the normal condition) the handle knobs are as far as possible away from my long legs whether I am driving or a passenger. Just fit them the way that is most convenient for you.

Tim

I'm sure I have seen an instruction somewhere that with the window fully wound up the drivers (RHD) handle should be fitted at about 10 or 11 o'clock - this keeps it away from the drivers knee. But Tim's probably right.

Jerry

Thanks both. I hadn't thought of the potential knee problem. I guess that mine are positioned to avoid it.

Denis

Hi Denis,

when driving the normal/average state of the dash board gauges is for the needle to point straight down (or straight up for the speedo/tacho),

If you have your winder at anything other than straight down then you will upset the Ying & Yang (Feng Shui) of the car - Who knows what will happen then

TRiumph knew what they were up to :P

Roger

PS - position them where it is most convenient for you.

Edited by RogerH
On 3/16/2020 at 10:23 PM, jerrytr5 said:

I'm sure I have seen an instruction somewhere that with the window fully wound up the drivers (RHD) handle should be fitted at about 10 or 11 o'clock - this keeps it away from the drivers knee. But Tim's probably right.

Jerry

Correct, keeps them out of the way nicely.

Stuart.