Lost my finger

So I was working on the car and   i sheared the top of my left hand ring finger of, the finger was between the kone shock, and the inbound edge of the trailing arm, 

No pain no blood, just the finger in the trailing arm, 

I  covered the finger in Cling film, and  put it in a bag of frozen chips,  to see if they could stich it back on,  phoned tors she was in waitrose, she picked me up 

And took me to the hospital, they thought it was amusing because my finger was in the bag of chips,  tors told me she had been feeling strange at the hairdressers 

Going hot and then cold,  while I was in the examination room with her, tors collapsed and had some sort of secher what a night mare it  was, still we were in the right place, 

She cant drive anymore untill she gets it sorted out. I have got to go back and have the bone ground back and stitched on Monday,  

So was there a lesson learned, I dont take chances, I were protective glasses,  and steel toe caps,  I have worked  for 66 years with my hands, was there a lesson learned, it dousnt take much to lose a finger, 

I was thinking about my mother who is 93, she has lung problems, and it was going through my mind how I could help her with the corona going round,  (maybe a lack of consatration ) I only hope i dont lose my self confidence,  and tors, long term is ok,  

A pissed of pink who has lost his dink, 

Goodness me Pinky, thats been a bad day on the Island.

Think the lesson is none of us is getting any younger, we all need to take care.

Hope you and your good lady mend quickly, stay safe.

John.

So sorry to hear that, I guess we have all had lucky escapes from car / workshop related injuries (I know I have)

Hopefuly your bad luck will instill some extra care to be taken by others.

All the best

Bob.

Pink that’s awful. 
I hope your finger is repairable and Mrs pink is ok it must have been a shock and worry for her

Get well soon both of you. 
H

Pinky. Love to you and Tor’s, hope you both soon get over this shock and your individual problems too. Stay safe.

Sue x

Edited by SuzanneH

Wow.  Commiserations Pink - and kudos for coolness under fire.  

I hope you are both soon on the mend. 

Bad luck and hope you both make a good recovery.

What exactly were you trying to do as I'm struggling to see how you managed that, and I would like to avoid making the same mistake.

As Derek, said, puts one's own issues in perspective as like him I have had to cancel my own holiday with not much chance of the insurance kicking in as the Foreign Office still maintains it's safe to travel even though the receiving country (NZ) effectively bars entry by requiring 14 days self isolation.

Jerry

8 hours ago, pinky said:

So I was working on the car and   i sheared the top of my left hand ring finger of, the finger was between the kone shock, and the inbound edge of the trailing arm, 

No pain no blood, just the finger in the trailing arm, 

I  covered the finger in Cling film, and  put it in a bag of frozen chips,  to see if they could stich it back on,  phoned tors she was in waitrose, she picked me up 

And took me to the hospital, they thought it was amusing because my finger was in the bag of chips,  tors told me she had been feeling strange at the hairdressers 

Going hot and then cold,  while I was in the examination room with her, tors collapsed and had some sort of secher what a night mare it  was, still we were in the right place, 

She cant drive anymore untill she gets it sorted out. I have got to go back and have the bone ground back and stitched on Monday,  

So was there a lesson learned, I dont take chances, I were protective glasses,  and steel toe caps,  I have worked  for 66 years with my hands, was there a lesson learned, it dousnt take much to lose a finger, 

I was thinking about my mother who is 93, she has lung problems, and it was going through my mind how I could help her with the corona going round,  (maybe a lack of consatration ) I only hope i dont lose my self confidence,  and tors, long term is ok,  

A pissed of pink who has lost his dink, 

Sorry to hear that but shouldn’t worry too much. I did the same thing on my middle finger in 2011. Tbh never really notice it and it won’t effect what you do.

From someone else’s point of view there’s less of you to get in the bloody way now, and you’ve got nine more anyway so hopefully like mine they’ll see you out!

Sorry to hear that Pinkie. I lost the top of my right index finger from the knuckle at the age of 18 months.

I've grown up with it and very rarely found it a problem when working on cars with my hands. Humans are very adaptable.

Wishing you a rapid recovery,

Nigel

• 3 weeks later...

Bloody hell Pink . . . . . . 

Good luck

Thank you tony, for your concern, it is getting better now, been difficult as with the corona virus 

I cant wash my hands,or even go to the hospital for treatment, however my tors has been sent bandages,

And has been looking after it, is amassing how well the body copes with such trauma 

Thanks again pink 

Hi Pink,

What the hell will pick your nose with now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if it had been the middle finger you would be in trouble.

If it's any consolation look up Dave Allen  comedian story on losing his finger. At the lights you will be able to shock oponent in a drag race.

Bad luck mate and I thought I was the only one having bad luck!

God bless  you and Tors!