I have been planning to have my TR3A  genuine ST rear leaf springs reset for a long time. The cost was OK and the workshop had all the correct specification. 

However whyen I tried to book it in, the price that I was expecting was only for one spring. So now the total with carriage and VAT is more than a pair of new springs. I am also unsure of the quality of new springs and modern metal.  I am ok with the way the car handles but  my rear exhaust is too close to the ground and there is no space between the edge of the wing and the top of the tyre.

I did buy some front coils from Revington and they made my car too high at the front. I am looking for advice on new leaf spring technology and a reliable supplier. I will probably carry on with the overhaul of my originals. Meanwhile what has anyone else done with leaf springs.?

Thanks Richard & B.

Pic showing ride height with Revington fast road springs. It was a bit higher than this until I’d covered a good few miles on bumpy Devon roads to bed them in. The chassis clearance is now as per Revington’s specs and I wouldn’t want it any lower for road use. 

629792CE-2B18-499F-8BA4-C6B78FD86D37.jpeg

2 hours ago, Drewmotty said:

Pic showing ride height with Revington fast road springs. It was a bit higher than this until I’d covered a good few miles on bumpy Devon roads to bed them in. The chassis clearance is now as per Revington’s specs and I wouldn’t want it any lower for road use. 

629792CE-2B18-499F-8BA4-C6B78FD86D37.jpeg

What springs do you have at the back.

Thanks Richard & B.