• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HELP THE NHS ~ I've let my adjoining empty house (fully furnished) to four NHS nurses free of charge during this National Emergency. We have a very large General Hospital at the top of the r

Very very Harsh Geko. I see a man, in an unenviable position, doing his utmost to balance the impossible tasks of trying to control the spread of a new novel virus - for which there is no treatme

By the book...

Posted Images

3 hours ago, iain said:

......or what do you think of Global government's doing the same. Not one has grasped the nettle. Why? A global conspiracy.......I don’t think so, the first to react would surely be at a significant cultural and more importantly, economic advantage. So why aren’t they doing it?

We don't know why,but ignorance/ignoring D3 has history going back decades. Several of the signtories to the letter https://vitamindforall.org/letter.html

are researcher-clinicians who have spent a lifetime trying to raise awareness of the huge range of actions of this hormone in diseases. Holick discovered the active form 1,25(OH)D3 is his PhD in 1969. There is a charity in USA dedicated to D3. Unfotunatel the histort of D3 started earlier in 1930. with codlive oil and rickets and identifiction of D3. So the bone merchants have dominated regulatory panels ever since. The serum 25(OH)D needed to avoid rickets isonly ca 25 nmol/L and needs only ca 400 IU pd D3 to work. That is too low to prevent most other D3-sensitive diseases, including C-19.  But there is light at the end of this long tunnel, covid having synchronised the D3-aware clinicians and scientists globally. In UK BAME doctors are already supplementing thansk to the work of BAPIO and Prof Parag Singhal, and the mainstream media are beginning to catch up:

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2020-12-09/physician-urges-bame-people-to-take-vitamin-d-to-protect-them-against-coronavirus

Signatories to the letter are added daily. NICE_SACN were expected to report to Hancock around now but have dealyed until late Dec. Meanwhile patients are dying who  could have survived.

Peter

3 hours ago, john.r.davies said:

Can you conceive of the possibility that VitD is only of peripheral importance in combatting Covid?

John,  No, emphatically no !

We should not regard D3 as only combatting C-19, like an alterntive to dexamethasone or other drugs. The global deficiency of D3 and consequent weakened immunity is what the virus is exploiting. There's the difference, thers no deficisny of dex.

Physiological serum 25(OH)D3 is 100 to 150 nmol/L.  The UK population averages not quite 50.  The signatories to the letter https://vitamindforall.org/letter.html

average 4000 IU pd supplements - enough to bring them all up to physiological. The letter is a synopsis of a large number of D3-C-19 research papers all pointing to the conclusions listed. New papers are now emrging at several per week.

D3 is not peripheral: deficiency helps the virus, supplementation kills it.

Peter

Stupidly I had always believed that sunlight was a latitude thing, not so, The Met office maps  show sunshine has a longitude component, probably due to cloud cover, obvious when you consider it. Met office does not have the 2020 annual figures yet.

My sympathies for those in North Wales!

Alan

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/research/climate/maps-and-data/uk-actual-and-anomaly-maps

image.thumb.png.369619416e7c49e16b728bc4a1ba7ec6.png

Edited by barkerwilliams

if you want a really interesting read................

go back to the  beginning of this thread  its quite revealing

H

11 minutes ago, Peter Cobbold said:

Today NICE_SACN_PHE released their new advice on D3:  no change

Below is the reply by the UK's foremost expert on D3 in immunology, Martin Hewison

Peter

Tweet was  truncated, link here

https://twitter.com/gruffdavies/status/1339621553902903296

Another shot in the dark

London is put into Tier 4 from tonight - there goes Christmas

But they still ignore the straws to grasp at Why do they poo poo the Hormone VitD.  Utter madness

ALL the shops in Hayes town high street today are open.

None are essential but because they each sell everything (Buckets, Brooms and Bread) they can stay open. They are twisting the rules and killing people 

Roger

Thanks Boris - for nothing.  Christmas alone it is then. (Can't 'bubble' with anyone as they are already bubbling with their kids).

Need to go out tomorrow and buy a chicken or something for Xmas day before they're all sold. I expect the supermarkets will be heaving.

37 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Another shot in the dark

London is put into Tier 4 from tonight - there goes Christmas

But they still ignore the straws to grasp at Why do they poo poo the Hormone VitD.  Utter madness

ALL the shops in Hayes town high street today are open.

None are essential but because they each sell everything (Buckets, Brooms and Bread) they can stay open. They are twisting the rules and killing people 

Roger

Roger, I also dont understand why the " hormone vitD "  ( excellent name, I shall pinch it ) is ignored. Here's my latest attempt at shaking the tree:  https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4912/rapid-responses 

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4838/rapid-responses

Wales has joined you in Tier4- better safer than sorry.

Peter

My spies tell me there should be an article by two MPs on the hormone vitD for covid in Sunday's Observer.

If anyone dare vneture out to get a copy I'd be very interested to hear what they say.

Peter

Because this is a new variant rampaging throughLonon & SE ( and has been here since September ) this confirms my theory that me, Roger and many of our friends and acquaintances DID have Cov19 last January. Everyone outside of London thought London was getting off lightly throughout2020 since March but many of us knew better and believed we had contracted it way before it was generally known about last March.

With the actions the Govt have just taken let’s hope this new variant does not follow the pattern of 2020.

Edited by SuzanneH
44 minutes ago, ntc said:

Sorry up north we reckon it is a excuse to use the word variant you should have been in t3 like the rest but no , money more important to London remember where it was high at the start 

That’s my whole point Neil, what you think was the start wasn't, we had it here several months before anyone knew anything about it at all. It was only with hindsight that us Londoners realised we had suffered this without knowing. We were all very very ill.

1 hour ago, SuzanneH said:

That’s my whole point Neil, what you think was the start wasn't, we had it here several months before anyone knew anything about it at all. It was only with hindsight that us Londoners realised we had suffered this without knowing. We were all very very ill.

Sue it was widespread far more than many was told I saw it in March alas don’t ask me how I know 

RobH,

I sympathize.    I'm lucky, my grandkids are not old enough to be away from.home, so I'll bubbling with Daughter and family.   That doesn't help you - but it does!    A bubble is the same as ONE family!   So you can join them!

If,of course, that's sensible!  Good luck,stay well!

John

Edited by john.r.davies