3 minutes ago, Derek Hurford said:

Am I being controversial,  saying I’m pretty sure those of us reading the Form are aware of the potential  Benefits of D3 and possibly risks, it’s for us to satisfy ourselves and determine what’s safe individually perhaps.

At the moment I feel A bit like I’m being forced fed D3. That’s probably just me, What do you feel Peter is it time to let it go?

Indeed individuals must decide for themselves what to do, if anything.

Am happy to shut up providing information if the handful of forumites stiill following the D3 story as it evolves, agree.

The few of us still interested can continue in  private. PM me for my email address.

Peter

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HELP THE NHS ~ I've let my adjoining empty house (fully furnished) to four NHS nurses free of charge during this National Emergency. We have a very large General Hospital at the top of the r

Very very Harsh Geko. I see a man, in an unenviable position, doing his utmost to balance the impossible tasks of trying to control the spread of a new novel virus - for which there is no treatme

By the book...

Posted Images

I have found this whole thread very useful. The info that we get from our leadership is mostly fluff, often wrong (dont wear a mask, take hydroxychloroquine or worse etc). Even the experts that they put on TV dish out watered down superficial dross that is understandable to the limited attention span masses and to support their political leadership. The best source of real info and fact based medical studies is youtube. The contributions here by Peter re D3 have been very interesting as have been the ensuing discussions.

Hi Peter,

please keep posting as nobody else is giving any help what so ever

And if Iain could keep monitoring it  and give his guidance that would also be good.

Thanks to Iain I have noted that perhaps the level of D3 I am taking may be inappropriate for the other medication I am taking - (diuertic).

Roger

Edited by RogerH
6 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Hi Peter,

please keep posting as nobody else is giving any help what so ever

And if Iain could keep monitoring it  and give his guidance that would also be good.

Thanks to Iain I have noted that perhaps the level of F3 I am taking may be inappropriate for the other medication I am taking - (diuertic).

Roger

Golden rule and I am sure Peter would agree if on other meds seek medical advise. 

@ Stan, Roger, Neil. 

OK I give in, any gems of info I''ll post as they pop up. Yes, seek medical advice following Iain's list. I alerted a family member drugged for epilepsy of her risk of lowered 25(OH)D3, thanks to Iain posting.

My preference is to measure my level at home, City Assays, Birmingham.

Peter

Don't stop posting Peter, Iain, everyone. I'm sure we are all old/sensible/clever enough to look at evidence and the discussion and make a view.

We started on 2000iu D3 early in April, after just over three weeks we switched to 1000iu per day, and have now stopped after three weeks at that dose.  We are taking a jointcare supplement omega3 which contains 200iu D3 per day ongoing.

We will start back on the 1000iu dose in the Autumn, and back up to 2kiu for the winter.

This is my course of action having read most of the excellent info and discussion presented.

38 minutes ago, Rod1883 said:

Don't stop posting Peter, Iain, everyone. I'm sure we are all old/sensible/clever enough to look at evidence and the discussion and make a view.

We started on 2000iu D3 early in April, after just over three weeks we switched to 1000iu per day, and have now stopped after three weeks at that dose.  We are taking a jointcare supplement omega3 which contains 200iu D3 per day ongoing.

We will start back on the 1000iu dose in the Autumn, and back up to 2kiu for the winter.

This is my course of action having read most of the excellent info and discussion presented.

OK Rod, I'll keep them coming.

I take omega3 fas for my Parkinsons. A couple of nights a week I take a low dose aspirin (75 mg). The two together generate "resolvins" that enhance the resolution stage of inflammation.   https://hms.harvard.edu/news/daily-dose

https://www.jci.org/articles/view/97943

I have no idea if it works, as I cant feel brain inflammation.  But joints, maybe worth googling resolvins.

Serhan's Harvard group has already considered role of resolvins in the COVID cytokine storm

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/32385712

Peter

Edited by Peter Cobbold

OK Chaps Ill keep posting when and if appropriate. Keep smiling everyone it will get better:D

Today I have had a first hand ( across the Garden) debrief from my son of whats what with ITU patients........wow, just wow is all I can say. Keep safe and don't go there.

Iain

Please keep posting, I have learned so much from all of you. I really want to see some results of well constructed clinical trials. In the meantime, Linda and I take 4,000 IU per day. No downside and lots of potential upside.

Mick

Mick - yes why wouldn't you. Win-Win hopefully, so much better than waiting for bureaucrats to decide to wait until 2021 for big pharma to sell them something expensive and specific without the  benefits of D3 for a myriad of other conditions. D3 might be snake oil as far as Coronavirus but its the only game in town for mere mortals.

Old news story I haven't seen here that the army on Coronavirus duties to be given D3.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-uk-troops-given-insect-repellent-citriodiol-as-part-of-enhanced-protection-11978318

Alan

Edited by barkerwilliams

Yes, please keep the D3 information coming Peter.

23 minutes ago, barkerwilliams said:

Old news story I haven't seen here that the army on Coronavirus duties to be given D3.

Yes Alan, we saw that somewhere (not Sky) as well. I wonder what dose?

Cheers, Richard

Peter

While I have read and appreciated your efforts and others to inform members of the importance of D3, and accept that the opinion on levels to be taken Differ. 

It would appear I am in the minority so please  ignore my previous post, although it seems there are posters on here that have already determined the levels they wish to take. It seems unlike me, those taking the D3 need to be reminded by you why they are taking it. 

I therefore look forward to continuing to read the posts explaining D3 virtues and Other updates.

Regards Me

Edited by Misfit
6 minutes ago, Derek Hurford said:

Peter

While I have read and appreciated your efforts and others to inform members of the importance of D3, and accept that the opinion on levels to be taken Differ. 

It would appear I am in the minority so please  ignore by previous post, although it seems there are posters on here that have already determined the levels they wish to take. It seems unlike me, those taking the D3 need to be reminded by you why they are taking it. 

I therefore look forward o continuing to read the posts explaining the D3 virtues and Other updates.

Regards Derek 

Derek, It has become a very long thread. And not everyone has been following it from the start, so I think us stalwarts have to tolerate a bit of repetition. It is easier for thme than backtracking the thread. No offence taken. Regards,  Peter

Well ..got the test results back today. We are both "negative".

Relieved to say he least, but still means we can still get the bloody thing.

Now...seeing as I've still got a sore throat , headache and have about much get up and go as a asmatic flea...summer cold/ mild flu ??

Thanks for the messages of good will etc. Much appreciated. 

Booking a celebratory pick up cod and chips for tonight !!

18 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Ah, the comfort food of the gods!

John.

Yes it is !! 

Thank you Zeus. 

Missus wants to get the TR out and eat on the Moor. There us a safety issue here.....last time we did that.. We ended up with two horse snouts in the car trying to nick our dinner. When I got out of the car....the bloody things got gobby and started to scrape their hooves on the car park gravel. This is the problem with touristy people feeding the horses !!!

37 minutes ago, Crawfie said:

Yes it is !! 

Thank you Zeus. 

Missus wants to get the TR out and eat on the Moor. There us a safety issue here.....last time we did that.. We ended up with two horse snouts in the car trying to nick our dinner. When I got out of the car....the bloody things got gobby and started to scrape their hooves on the car park gravel. This is the problem with touristy people feeding the horses !!!

Can horses catch covid...........:unsure:

..Maybe, the ACE2 receptor in the lungs that the virus uses to get inside our cells is rather similar in horses

image.png.b7ed1e7faa7905f56d8fe12a3d45914a.png

Cats are known to get the virus. may only be a matter of time before horses are reported with it.

Peter

Edited by Peter Cobbold

From the Upper East Side of NY

http://www.ourtownny.com/news/the-vitamin-d-question-XE1152716

Former Director ff CDC is on message

As is a university I have never heard of: SLIPPERY ROCK UNIVERSITY

Peter

Good news, Crawfie 

but bu@@er fish and chips unless you are cooking them  yourself, open a bottle of bubbly or  wine Take the TR have a picnic Somewhere quite or better still Go for a drive if you must,  then cook your wife a meal and celebrate at home. 
Look up, pick a star and thank it.

m

Edited by Misfit

Glad to hear of your negative test, Crawfie.

For a cold or flu-like thing, I recommend what I call a Canadian Gold Rush.  Won't necessarily fix it, but will make you care about it a little less ;-)

1 measure lemon juice

3/4 measure maple syrup

2 measures bourbon/rye

mix with or without ice, depending on the weather :-)

4 hours ago, Crawfie said:

Well ..got the test results back today. We are both "negative".

Relieved to say he least, but still means we can still get the bloody thing.

Now...seeing as I've still got a sore throat , headache and have about much get up and go as a asmatic flea...summer cold/ mild flu ??

Thanks for the messages of good will etc. Much appreciated. 

Booking a celebratory pick up cod and chips for tonight !!

Reassuring, but is it?    False negatives may be as high as 30%.   See: https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg24632823-200-how-accurate-are-the-results-from-self-testing-for-covid-19-at-home/

4 hours ago, Crawfie said:

Yes it is !! 

Thank you Zeus. 

Good news re the test results. Be sure to get tested again if you feel a little horse.

Stan

Crawfie.

False negatives are a problem, keep abreast of your symptoms and do as necessary. Even in  hospital with clinically confirmed patients, sometimes they come back negative. Hence the exaggerated benefits being promoted by the press and the unfair haranguing of the government and their apparent slowness to test........the test we have now are way better than those at the beginning, mystic meg was probably more accurate!

Iain