You are right of course. They are there for us day in and day out, 
but sometimes we need a reminder that we can celebrate them. Especially in the face of such a infectious disease.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HELP THE NHS ~ I've let my adjoining empty house (fully furnished) to four NHS nurses free of charge during this National Emergency. We have a very large General Hospital at the top of the r

Very very Harsh Geko. I see a man, in an unenviable position, doing his utmost to balance the impossible tasks of trying to control the spread of a new novel virus - for which there is no treatme

By the book...

Posted Images

Fair enough John..... However, this is something extraordinary- certainly never experienced in my life time - and I therefore think we have to realise and appreciate how important it is, not only to show appreciation, but to bring people, neighbours and family together at this time....... Like everyone, I’m not currently seeing my wider family and as per previous post the nieces and nephews are all doctors working god forsaken hours with Dad (also a doctor) seriously ill...... The instant messaging / togetherness just makes you feel good even tho we are all clapping at other ends of the Country: You cannot knock that.   

1 hour ago, Peter Cobbold said:

PAND3MIIC
D3 and COVID, lay summary:

https://supertrarged.wordpress.com/?p=1102

Peter

Getting an error Peter,

Page Not Found

Unfortunately the content you're looking for isn't here. There may be a misspelling in your web address or you may have clicked a link for content that no longer exists. Perhaps you would be interested in our most recent articles.

Peter, what are the consequences of D3 being taken in too high a dose?
From what I read unlike most vitamin and trace element overdoses which are excreted, does D3 not promote calcification in cells where it’s not wanted?

Iain

Edited by iain

Just a word of caution with all your insurance some company’s yes big ones as well are sending out emails to tell you phone lines are very busy due to a lack of staff so we will automatically renew for you watch out for price hikes 

10 hours ago, iain said:

Peter, what are the consequences of D3 being taken in too high a dose?
From what I read unlike most vitamin and trace element overdoses which are excreted, does D3 not promote calcification in cells where it’s not wanted?

Iain

Iain,  Its a question I focus upon myself as I take high doses.  Hypercalcaemia is often cited as being caused by high doses, but turns out to be a throw-back to 1930s when fishoil was used to cure TB, some containg very high amounts of D3. A recent study treating pts with high doses found no hypercalcamia, and one of hte authots takes 50,000 IU pd.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0960076018306228#bib0410

D3 for TB, a forgotten  therapy: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0960076017301929?via%3Dihub

I take around 10,000 IU pd together with  VitK2Mk4Mk7 that directs clacium to teeth and boen and away from soft tissues.

There are enthusiasts taking experimental very high doses, often for MS.  https://vitamindwiki.com/Comparing+High-dose+vitamin+D+therapies

So 2000 to 4000 IU pd, enough to reach a physiological blood level is not extreme, and PHE advise up to 2000, and USA Inst Med up to 4000.

Peter

Edited by Peter Cobbold

Question to one and all , I see that all main car dealers have correctly shut down to protect there staff including parts departments, service for only those that will help us ie NHS etc. So although I support our traders those staying open agreed mail order only are these parts  necessary ? there is grants in place to protect there wages etc.

As per advise stay at home.

I read that if planes are not chartered to bring in workers from Eastern Europe unharvested vegetables and fruit will rot and there will be a food shortage. A week ago the government appealed for volunteers to help out our hard pressed NHS. They were initially looking for 250,000. It is greatly to our credit that this number was very soon exceeded and the last I heard was that 700,000 or so had put their names forward, These people are already in the country so no issues with closed airports and when I was at school 700,000 minus 250,000 was 450,000. 

Am I missing something here? If 90,000 people are needed to harvest food and it is agreed this is essential work why cannot they be found  from the 450,000 surplus volunteers ? If social distancing is carefully observed why should this be more of a transmission risk than bringing in 90,000 people from abroad?

Tim 

In the Dutch news today:

80% of Corona patients on IC has “overweight”. Some due to high blood pressure or diabetes or life style. 
It is not recommended to follow a “crash diet” now, as this will affect your resistance. Better to avoid getting infected.

Waldi

2 hours ago, Waldi said:

In the Dutch news today:

80% of Corona patients on IC has “overweight”. Some due to high blood pressure or diabetes or life style. 
It is not recommended to follow a “crash diet” now, as this will affect your resistance. Better to avoid getting infected.

Waldi

They may well be deficinet in D3 and so have impaired innate immune defences to the virus.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19667169

Agree, avoid the virus as if it were the plague .

Peter

Thank you Peter.

Now that’s interesting, would:

1) The higher BMI cause the lower D3 blood levels,or

2) Vice versa, or 

3) Would it be life style related (less outdoor, different food pattern, or

4 Is there another relation /cause?

Greetings,

Waldi

5 hours ago, Waldi said:

Thank you Peter.

Now that’s interesting, would:

1) The higher BMI cause the lower D3 blood levels,or

2) Vice versa, or 

3) Would it be life style related (less outdoor, different food pattern, or

4 Is there another relation /cause?

Greetings,

Waldi

Waldi,  Don't know, and uncovering cause-effect might take a long time judging by the volume of literature this year already:

image.png.14177cdf7a6b05aedf62644922911949.png

Peter

3 hours ago, Waldi said:

Thanks Peter,

”only 890 articles” to read for those interested:)

Cheers,

Waldi

Please note whilst you plough your way through this lot that:

I had Polycystic ovary syndrome 30 years before I became a Type 2 Diabetic and have never been considered as obese.

Edited by SuzanneH

I read this morning that the Covid 19 had marginally reduced the daily infection rate. Thats worrying, in that the Oiks that haven't taken the threat seriously will return to the streets and begin to infect with Gusto. 

No I don't know the answer either.

Pete,

I don't think the 'oiks' as you call them care about infection rates; they are unlikely to suffer anyway.  Whenever I have had to go to the shops, the ones not paying any attention to the 'rules' have been youngsters.  The oldies like me are studiously keeping their distance.

Rgds Ian

There are large variations in the registration and reported data per country, which makes comparison. 
But in the world wide collected data rhe following total infected / deads/miljion are as follows:

Germany       67.000 / 8

UK                  21.100 / 21

Belgium         12.800 / 61

Netherlands 12.600 / 61

Note the big difference. Also note that Germany and Belgium had the 1st reported case 1 month earlier than the UK and our country!

This to me shows is difficult to compare data. But the Germans have the lowest of these 4, by far!

Waldi

22 minutes ago, Waldi said:

There are large variations in the registration and reported data per country, which makes comparison. 
But in the world wide collected data rhe following total infected / deads/miljion are as follows:

Germany       67.000 / 8

Netherlands 12.600 / 61

Note the big difference. Also note that Germany and Belgium had the 1st reported case 1 month earlier than the UK and our country!

This to me shows is difficult to compare data. But the Germans have the lowest of these 4, by far!

Waldi

When I see figures with this sort of variation between countries that are all sophisticated European countries with modern and broadly similar healthcare arrangements I start to suspect their accuracy or comparabilty.  I can accept that the German figures could be 10% or even 15% different to those of the UK but not less than half.

Rgds Ian

All

Don't know if anyone has seen it, but "bing" are doing a nice, simple covid-19 tracker:

https://bing.com/covid?form=COVD07

2 hours ago, Waldi said:

Germany       67.000 / 8

Netherlands 12.600 / 61

Waldi

Germany may, but the UK has NO idea how many people have CV19, as NO ONE is being tested, except politicians and royalty.   Not the NHS employees, like Daughter and Son-in-Law, both consultants and sorely needed, who have just had to spend a fortnight at home because junior had a cold.    Because the Tory Gov sat on their hands while the viral threat grew, and only when it was palpably obvious what was needed "Worked night and day" (yeah, sure) to secure not only testing kits but even the PPE that could protect health staff!    

Will the way that their actions have killed at least two NHS consultants and the health of hundreds of thousands of others be remembered at the next Election?   I doubt it.

2 hours ago, Ian Vincent said:

When I see figures with this sort of variation between countries that are all sophisticated European countries with modern and broadly similar healthcare arrangements I start to suspect their accuracy or comparabilty.  I can accept that the German figures could be 10% or even 15% different to those of the UK but not less than half.

Rgds Ian

Hi Ian,

Germany has 28000 IC beds, Netherlands 1500, per million people that is more 2.3 MORE beds per million people. It is also less dense populated. And the Germans have more restrictions than the Dutch.

And probably obey these rules better, but that is just my gut feeling (I work a lot with German companies).

And Susanne,
apologies if I offended you, that was not my intention!

Regards,
Waldi