TR ride-a-long : 360 'floating' camera

I guess it’s drone filming set to “follow me”

where the drone will stay in a set proximity to a receiver in the TR3 

It's a selfie-stick mounted camera, bolted to the roll bar. The "Insta360 One X".

The floating effect is created by its two fisheye cameras filming back to back. Software digitally stitches both shots together creating a 360 degree video, leaving you free to decide later (in the edit) exactly where you'd like the camera to 'look'.

Cheers, Deggers

Edited by Deggers

Seems to work well as long as you don't mind the rather distorted view that the fisheye lenses give, I guess. (You would have thought that since this was to be put up on youtube, they wouldn't have drifted the cars over the double-yellow lines quite so much...... )

12 hours ago, Andrew Smith said:

the dog is totally unphased and the star of the clip.

Cheers, Andrew

Albert used to love riding with me like that for miles all over the country.

Stuart.

I've got one of these 360 cameras on my mountain bike. Cost me the princely sum of thirty quid. Brand new. If the footage is processed correctly prior to uploading it allows the viewer to change the viewpoint whilst watching the video. Just "drag" the image round with your mouse pointer or by fingertip if viewing on a smartphone.  I found the processing part tricky and my uploaded footage loses quality. Here's some racing footage (not me) to show you what I mean.  It's witchcraft I tell ye!