Bastuck rear valance

Has anyone fitted this panel to their TR4/4a/5 and did it fit reasonability well. One problem I have discovered is the bottom where the bot lid rest is not the correct shape. Boot lid curves up either end

as per factory but the valance is flat across leaving gaps towards the corners.

20200305_150222_resized.jpg

20200305_150033_resized.jpg

Thats why the factory leaded at that point to correct this, pretty much every one Ive done needed this. This is a 5 but same applies, often a little on the bottom of the boot lid helps too

Stuart.

Marks TR5 372.jpg

Marks TR5 373.jpg

Marks TR5 374.jpg

Marks TR5 377.jpg

Or to the car body section?

Or the 'Michelotti' car body section.......?

Thanks Stuart, I wish I had your skill of lead loading. At least that gives me hope to know I am not alone on this problem. Bastuck is coming back to me today but I guess I will overcome it like you have shown.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter

35 minutes ago, Rob Salisbury said:

Hi Harry, if it's any consolation my 4A had a biff up the backside back in the early 80's and I fitted an over the counter main dealer StanPart rear valance, which was OK, fit wise, on the off side corner but the nearside had a gap the size of your thumb!!

Cheers Rob

Thats exactly my point as stated above that the factory used lead to correct all these anomalies.

Stuart.