Indicator buzzer

Discussed not long ago Phil:

and also some time back though the photo links on this thread are broken now:

On the 6 there is a bit of complication if you put something in parallel with the dash indicator tell-tale , because the supply polarity reverses depending on which side flashers you are using. There are ways round that though.

Edited by RobH
3 hours ago, Phil6 said:

Hi there, does anyone have any advice on fitting an audio buzzer to the indicators on my 69 TR6.

I quite often find I’ve left the indicator on as the warning light and sound and is very poor.

Thanks in anticipation.

Phil.

Hi Phil,

easy enough to fit a buzzer. I use the RS Comps item and it works a treat.  However most buzzers are polarised (+ & -) and the TR6 changes the warning light polarity depending which way you are turning.

So simple fix is to feed the wire going to the indicator warning lamp into the AC side of a tiny bridge rectifier and the +/- from the rectifier goes to the buzzer.

If you use the original  TR6 indicator relay then you do need the filament bulb. Its small current operates the bimetal switch.

If you have a modern 'electronic' relay then a LED works wel and is can be very bright

Roger

I fitted the one seen in the above photo. For me the flashing light is not important it’s the buzzer that I wanted. I found this one a bit loud, however it was easy to quieten with some tape.

I’ve found this an important addition, it’s potentially so dangerous it be indicating without realising it.

Cameron

I've installed a motor cycle buzzer that was recommended on this forum years ago. It's wrapped in layers of duct tape but it still sounds like a forklift when I'm driving around the village with the top down.

But the buzzer is essential- I can't see the indicator light working on a sunny day.

16 hours ago, dingle said:

I switched the wire from the turn signal indicator light on the speedo to the brake failure light. It is red, much bigger, and gets my attention.

Berry

Unfortunately that light is only on export models not UK market.

Stuart.

I found the easiest thing was to swap to a modern flasher unit.  They have louder "ticking" which should be easier to hear.  Probably the cheapest solution and least amount of wiring changes.

Hi there, does anyone have any advice on fitting an audio buzzer to the indicators on my 69 TR6.

I quite often find I’ve left the indicator on as the warning light and sound and is very poor.

Thanks in anticipation.

Phil.

Hi Phil

I fitted audible buzzers to the indicator circuit of my Morgan some years ago. I intend to fit two more to my TR6 this year.

I've attached a PDF of the simple circuit diagram I followed.

The buzzers can be bought from Vehicle Wiring Products Tel 0115 9305454. https://www.vehiclewiringproducts.co.uk/p-637-cab-buzzer?search=cab bu

The buzzers are now £6.76 each.

Martin

Indicator AUDIBLE Repeaters.pdf

I went this way.

Used 2 green lights, in line of site  on the dash just ahead of the steering wheel.

Wired them in parallel to the N/S and O/S indicator circuits.

TR 6 Aerial 1.JPG

Hi Paul,

if you get stuck for a buzzer you could try here https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/magnetic-buzzer-components/5117664/

RSComp[s do some good stuff with free next day delivery.

These buzzers work very well.

I use one on the 4A flasher and an LED all built into the green flasher lens.

If you need just one buzzer then I have a couple going spare at the moment - yours if you want.

Roger

• 3 months later...