Connected, but separate from the recent discussions.

Had a problem starting the TR4 after a winter of idleness. (Car's and mine.)

**** in fuel, low battery, sooted plugs, general dampness in the ignition system, etc. All sorted now.

During my attempts to get the car going by using the solenoid push in the engine compartment; I noticed that the choke linkage was very warm. Given an outside temperature of about +2c this wasn't due to ambient temperature.

Reading comments on the previous discussion by my esteemed ex-C&B/Moss colleague PAW is there possibly an earth fault?

Starter,a relatively newish hi-torque unit, is always sluggish at first attempts, when warm, no problem.

Any advice on where to start looking/testing much appreciated.

Thanks

Adam

Hi Adam 

As Tom above you will find it at the front of the engine passenger side between the engine and chassis around the engine mounting area, you may find it looks better than it is it is best to remove and inspect gives you a chance to clean the area where it attaches at the same time  

Chris