Seen yesterday in Waitrose in Marlborough

Logic doesn't come into it Tim, unfortunately.  

When the TV is shouting about shortages of something, people panic and rush out to buy.  Give it a week or two and the shops will be overflowing with the stuff.  In a year's time people will be throwing away a lot of the food they've stockpiled, because it will be beyond the use-by date. 

Edited by RobH

I can understand buying a couple of weeks of food/wine just in case we need to self isolate for a couple of weeks and we have already made sure we and the cats could do that if we had to but I cannot understand the need for people to buy a years supply of TP. I must be missing something.

I've already had the informative lecture from my in-laws about using newspaper during the war.

I informed them that at least this time they wouldn't end up with printers ink all over their............

Edited by Crawfie
Words added

If people do resort to that I hope they remember that newspaper doesn't break down when wet in the same way that the proper stuff does.

Dyno-rod will make a fortune. :rolleyes:

Maybe the Supermarkets should sell British Army 24hr Ration Packs (rat packs), dozens of menus available to suit all dietary requirements, cultures and religions -  after several days living on those you'd be bound up for weeks, so no need for loo rolls. 

I can recommend the 3P diet:

Pancakes, Pizza and Pig-schnitzel.
I’m not sure if it helps against Corona, but it fits below the door.

On a serious note: there is a lot of fake news about preventive measures, here is one: drinking warm water and eating garlic are just a couple that are mentioned in the more mature /reliable channels here.

Waldi

Umm, I’m a convert to maionase met frites...... your roost bief and filet Americain are prima.... Maar, friekandel enzo???

Go south, most of your neighbours can cook a bit........ Don’t go North or East... You will enter Pig-schnitzel territory........ and then it can only go wrong!