H6 vs HS6 damper

Folks, I have HS6 carbs on my TR4a. The damper tops are black plastic, and look a little worse for wear (one looks like someone took a pipe wrench to it). I want to get new ones, but I envy the H6 carbs with their shiny brass dampers. Will H6 dampers fit on an HS6?

thanks

Jim

Following Tom's pdf - The AUC8103 damper with plastic top can be replaced by AUC8103HB (hexagon brass topped)

Alternatively you can follow the MG Guru guidance in the pdf and go to AUC8114 (black plastic top) or AUC8114HB (hex brass top) or AUC8114RB (round brass top) The part number suffix denotes type of top when it deviates from the original design.

Link to maker/supplier in UK

http://sucarb.co.uk/dampers-caps-oil/damper-assemblies.html

Moss USA offer only the plastic topped damper for TR4A, but may well stock the brass capped item for some sort of MG or squealy, you would need to contact them with the SU carb co. part number you require.  They would then do a reversal of their made up  numbers back to the supplier's part number and hopefully supply what you seek.   Roadster Factory seem to ignore them completely but are always worth asking as they have an amount of uncatalogued stock. 

Cheers

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Thanks everyone! 

Tom, thanks for the PDF, and the nod to Burlen. Their web site is a great resource!

Peter, thanks for the link as well.

Jim

Edited by Tr4aJim