OIl level on dipstick

Good Afternoon,

Currently have a K & N oil filter  + oil cooler fitted to my CP TR6. Please advise is filling to the full marker the correct thing to do.

Is too much oil in the system a bad thing as the K & N filter holds a quantity of oil together with the radiator of the oil cooler + pipes

Would this mean oil pressure increases?

I have good oil pressure currently

Many Thanks

Kevin

Kevin,

you should maintain the level on the dipstick, regardless weather a spin-on oil filter or cooler is fitted. But you will need more oil than the WSM indicates for changing.

I have a long “2009” fitted too, but no cooler.

The oil pressure should not be affected by much, practically. An oil cooler will give a bit  more of resistance. When racing or in very hot weather, it could help to reduce loss in in pressure compared to normal driving by keeping the oil cooler.

Waldi

PS: the opinions on the need of an oil cooler differ on this forum, I do not have one, but each to his own.

Edited by Waldi
Need for cooler Y/N