Early Malines built TR6

One of my French customers has acquired an early Malines built TR6 and he is looking for the correct early steering wheel for it if anyone has a good one.

Stuart.

IMG_2431.jpg

IMG_2433.jpg

IMG_2435.jpg

IMG_2436.jpg

Hi Stuart,

I have the one originally fitted on my car at Malines, I plan to go back to it also. There are some for sale on a famous french website, once or twice in a year, it appears... and also on the TR REGISTER classifieds, there's one just now. 

I notice on the picture that it looks like the quite rare gear knob for early cars is still there!

William 

20 minutes ago, TR6_PI_1969 said:

Hi Stuart,

I have the one originally fitted on my car at Malines, I plan to go back to it also. There are some for sale on a famous french website, once or twice in a year, it appears... and also on the TR REGISTER classifieds, there's one just now. 

I notice on the picture that it looks like the quite rare gear knob for early cars is still there!

William 

Does this look like the correct gear knob for an early '69 car William? I bought it as being for an early CP but I've also seen mention of them having a round ball type one, I have both so no issue for me.

knob.jpg

11 hours ago, TR6_PI_1969 said:

By the way, is there any difficulty fitting this original 69 steering-wheel? 

No, my car came with a later wheel, I fitted the earlier wheel & hub without any difficulty, you will need the longer horn push though.

Ian

On 3/6/2020 at 3:21 PM, Stickybun said:

I have one for sale in the classifieds am open to an offer 

He has managed to find an original one in France now but thanks anyway.

Stuart.

• 2 months later...
On 3/4/2020 at 10:39 PM, iani said:

Does this look like the correct gear knob for an early '69 car William? I bought it as being for an early CP but I've also seen mention of them having a round ball type one, I have both so no issue for me.

knob.jpg

@iani This is another example of the correct early gear knob I believe, this one on CP25616.

Regards, William 

c026b4fcbffd99d554394b0ae39894b3_320634.jpg

3 hours ago, TR6_PI_1969 said:

@iani This is another example of the correct early gear knob I believe, this one on CP25616.

Regards, William 

Thanks William, as I mentioned, I have both types, I prefer the "pear" shaped one and the other one stays on the shelf.