A couple of trimming questions

Well, it's been a long time, but after about two years I am picking up where I left off rebuilding my 3a, and have started doing bits of trim.

My first question is around the choice/ use of adhesive.  To get the best match for some seats that  I bought a few years ago I am using what I believe is known as expanded vinyl....fairly soft, thick and with almost a fabric backing. It is generally working OK on things like the door cards but less well when glueing to metal like the cappings.  In areas, the contact adhesive is clearly softening the vinyl and causing it to shrivel. Any suggestions as to a less aggressive adhesive or a suitable technique gratefully received.

Secondly, I am trying to find a thread where some kind soul had listed a photo showing the best sequence for covering the hockey stick cappings.  I had it book marked on my old computer, but alas that is no more, and I cannot finding it using the search (which, incidentally seems a lot less user friendly than it used to be). Does any one happen to know the post I am talking about and can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Dave.

Edited by Dave Herrod
56 minutes ago, Dave Herrod said:

Secondly, I am trying to find a thread where some kind soul had listed a photo showing the best sequence for covering the hickey stick cappings.  

Hi Dave... not sure what the hickey stick cappings are, but I once posted the below which worked well for me.

It's a long time ago, now, but I think this is the adhesive I used, to very good effect:

https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/product/1263/heat-resistant-adhesive

image.thumb.png.cc410ecddabec4debd22af5313cdb968.png