how to delete photos (attachments)

Next to the attachment is the link to the thread where you used it.

Does this help?

I deleted the Greetings from the Weihnachtsmarkt.

Edited by Z320
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 9:12 PM, Z320 said:

I store all my forum photos at my account at this forum and sadly it is 92% full.

Tell me Marco, cause I'm to dim to see it.. where exactly can I see how much of my quota I've used. ? 

I currently have 547 attachments.

Thanks, Pete.

Edited by Bfg

That blue bar is where I read that I have made 547 attachments but it doesn't advise how close I am to reaching my quota. I'm sure it will after another 100 or so. :wacko:

Thanks,  

Pete.

Probably Mark - there doesn't seem to be a way we can do it ourselves.

Edited by RobH

There is no edit facility on closed threads so you cannot do that on those.

However on posts where you can edit,  you can delete the attachment by clicking on the trash-can icon on the 'uploaded images' copy. 

I do wish we had control over our own attachments, looking through mine I have many redundant photos, & quite few repeats I would like to tidy up.

Bob.

Edited by Lebro
  • 1 month later...
On 3/17/2020 at 2:29 PM, Lebro said:

Why can we not delete them from our attachments area like we could before ?

I have noticed that I have several repeats in my attachments folder, & would like to clear some out.

Can't remember which threads they were used for though.

Bob.

The attachments area in your profile should show you which posts an attachment is in ( and the links are active so you can go to that post). You just cant manage attachments in the attachment area any more.

Stan

16 hours ago, Z320 said:

Or the other way round: how can I please get more database?

Ciao, Marco

Being a member who likes to read informative posts from a while ago, I find that the loss of the illustrations to an example or an argument, most particularly in your posts, is an unforgiveable loss.

It depletes the specific content and is a loss for the Forum. So, yes, more memory, and down to us not to upload unnecessarily large files.

Marco, I couldn't agree more. The challenge is to make the medium (namely, the online Forum) fit for purpose. Contributors enriching the Forum with vital knowledge duly documented with images end up being penalized. No one's fault, but, nevertheless, a challenge, nevertheless, an issue which ought to be taken up as a proriority for those unsung heroes of voluntary work to address in the near future.

We are in agreement. I would now be interested in the views of other contributors too. It is a technical matter which it should be possible to fix. How can this be addressed? In a separate thread, perhaps? What do you suggest?

Edited by DavidBee