• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Previous owners were Dr Martin L Ward from Lyndhurst, Hants, also Robert Norman from Camberley, Surrey, and an unknown owner who lived in Germany. The two names above were members and listed the car as red. I was under the impression from the company that restored her for the guy I bought her from, that she was in Magenta! Are these two previous owners still members, or does anyone know them please?

• 3 months later...

Tried sending off a V888 form to try and obtain some past history. In the box asking why I required this information, I wrote, “Researching the history of my historic car, for personal use” It came back saying they cannot release this information as it does not meet the reasonable cause criteria. Guess after hitting that brick wall, the history of GCT 416N will stay hidden for ever now?

On 3/25/2021 at 8:23 PM, Chris Seymour said:

Tried sending off a V888 form to try and obtain some past history. In the box asking why I required this information, I wrote, “Researching the history of my historic car, for personal use” It came back saying they cannot release this information as it does not meet the reasonable cause criteria. Guess after hitting that brick wall, the history of GCT 416N will stay hidden for ever now?

Although my 6 was an American car and re imported , I googled the name and address on the old V5 documents . Got a phone number after a bit of not googling , rang left and left a message explaining who I was etc and bingo !! 
I got the man who reimported my car , a full history and photos . I then got the details of the next owner in Scotland ...no luck there but struck lucky again with the third owner in Cornwall . I’m the 4 th owner from re import in 95 . 

So 3 out of 4 !! I tried to trace history in Florida , but hit a “brick wall “

Edited by Crawfie