Body advice pls pic 2

The inner sill fits perfectly at the front and rear panels, but goes over the "A" post lip and not beneath it as the original sill did, Where have I gone wrong?????

P1070845.JPG

Ian thats the question,  the inner sill originally fitted below the A post lip, and on top of the floor section.

but the new one will rest nicely on the floor and is correct at the front and rear panels, but won't fit under the A post lip. Only over it.

It cannot fit below the floor for the floor section does extend 5 or so inches to attach to the outer sill.

Hi, As originally assembled there was a triple sandwich of panels at the foot of the inner A post with the upstanding lip of the inner sill in the middle, you could probably set about separating the bottom of the A post panels but it will be fairly destructive and hard to make a neater job than you have now.

Cheers Rob

Sorry, not 3, but 4 panel sandwich, .... goes outer A post, outer sill flange, inner sill flange and finally inner A post.

Edited by Rob Salisbury
my mistake

See my reply on your other thread, your trying to fit the inner sill on top of a section of the old one between the "A" and "B" posts.and the new one does fit behind the kick panel side of the "A" post.

Stuart

Marks TR5 275.jpg

Edited by stuart