Have welded in one side of a new floor section (TR4). The new inner sill mates perfectly with the front and rear panels, but is on top of the "A" post bottom lip (with 8 holes) and not

BELOW the lip as per the original sill, see pic where have I gone wrong???????????

P1070845.JPG

I see you havent removed the top section of the old inner sill so how can you get the new one to fit anyway.

Stuart.

Tonys TR6 164.jpg

Edited by stuart

I hadn't removed the old sill for I wanted to weld in the floor section whilst it was "intact " so to speak. I am to remove it today. I was trial fitting the inner sill only, but I suspect the new inner sill is a bit taller than the original one

43 minutes ago, Redtom said:

t I suspect the new inner sill is a bit taller than the original one

No they arent if you have the heritage ones, are you doing this with the shell on the chassis BTW?

Stuart.

1 hour ago, stuart said:

No they arent if you have the heritage ones, are you doing this with the shell on the chassis BTW?

Stuart.

Hello Stuart, shell is OFF the chassis, made a brace to hold the shell apart whilst I fitted the floor section, I didn't know the shell would flex as much as it has, but I have now solved the problem and a trial fit looks very good, thank you for your pic it certainly helped. see new pic, quite a bit to do before I weld it in place but looking much better now.

P1070848.JPG