Fuse one blowing

I've had my dash out this week so I could change the illumination to blue LED's, I also took the opportunity to bypass the rheostat and fit a clock in the space where it had been. On putting the car back together I now have nice blue lighting but nothing else, fuse one keeps blowing. I have obviously disturbed something, I can't think what though, I did also change the voltage stabiliser to a solid state one but that shouldn't have caused the fuse to blow. If I put in a new fuse and turn the ignition on, the fuel pump will kick in for a few seconds then the fuse pops, any thoughts on where I should start looking?

Ian

Well for a start you could pull the power connection off the voltage stabiliser to eliminate it.

If that doesn't do it and there is more than one connection on the output side of that fuse, pull each one off in turn until the fault clears. That will tell you which circuit it is in.   After that it's just down to tracing things through on the duff circuit. 

Thanks Rob, I got the car running this morning, however I didn't have a fuel or temp gauge, obviously stabiliser related, I tried moving the wires around and some smoke escaped from the unit, obviously a bad idea. I will get another stabiliser and see if that helps, I'm getting nowhere with the original one.

New voltage regulator fitted, all wiring connections checked and all seems well, for now at least.