Hi ,

I have a TR250 project which I am converting to RHD.

I need to get a new set of locks.

I see that TR4 locks seem to be cheaper than TR5/TR250. Is there a reason for this or will TR4 locks fit.

I suspect the car is a bit of a hybrid. The boot is definitely TR4 and the doors I think are later TR6 with the door pull pockets. However everything is mainly rust free.

Currently I am having all panels sprayed just leaving the body to be painted. The painter has told me that a vinyl bonnet stripe will be much cheaper and I have a quote for £75 + vat for vinyl. Any advice on this?

Thanks

Eddie

Edited by Eddie Trickett
Mistakes

Eddie, I recently discovered that the TR250 boot has a slightly different mounting hole position for the boot support compared with the 4. The boot does not open as far as my TR4A and I can only assume this is to prevent the boot making contact with the larger fuel filler cap. May be worth checking so you don't damage the paintwork.

Cheers

Graeme