Colours- build years

Hi All, I’m sure you can all relate to my tr obsession as I’m planning my purchase of my first ever tr? It’s interesting for me as a novice to notice the colour variants available with the buikd years. I’ve always like the pastilly old English colours, particularly the light yellows ‘jasmine’ and ‘primrose’  late 60’s ? Is that right? I’m wondering if there is a colour- year chart available? 

• 3 weeks later...

Glen,

It is also in the Moss parts catalogue, which is free, just phone and request one. It has lots of info and a full list of all part. The paint colours are on the back page. Just for info also, if you go onto the web site, "how many left" it will tell how many car are left on the road for a particular year of manufacture.  You may already have this data, but I found it useful. All the best with your tr.

Regards

Hi All

Obvs if you like a particular colour and the car needs painting change it as looking round for the right car in the right colour can be very time consuming, although i decided to stay with my original factory colour regardless. But then it was Sapphire blue so looked ok and the name is nice as well:D

As Glen says there is lots of info on the web from sites like "how many left" which makes me regret selling those 1980's Ford as they are worth a furtune now to things like Bullfire.Net which is a top quality resource if you are going to do work yourself and Ed who is on here and whose site it is is helpful.

Interestingly enough the most popular year for surviving TR6's is 1972, mine, of which there are 532 still registerred (maybe a few in barns) which makes my early 2000's Rover product somewhat rarer as there are now only 92 left.

Oh and here a question for those with detailed knowledge. Some TR6's are listed on the how many left version of the DVLA database as in the 2400 to 2499cc catagory and some are in the 2500 to 2599cc catagory ? The majority about 3000 are in the up to 2499cc, with much less but many as 2500cc. Now given the engine was (always as far as i know) 2498cc why the diff?

Was someone at a dealership just being lazy in the 1970's and putting 2500cc on a form as it was easier than 2498cc? No idea how they submitted paperwork in those days.

Cheers  Keith

Or the DVLA has been notified of an engine change and the owner has just written 2500cc? (Because it's easier than having to remember 2498.)

<Goes to folder and checks V5> In fact I see that's what I did with mine!

Cheers, Richard