Burger King introduces a French Fry sandwich

Dont know what took them so long to figure this out. I introduced my future wife (American) to a door-stop sized chip butty in Newby Bridge during the 1982 Lakes tour.

Now Burger King has introduced the Chip Butty, a patty-less sandwich with french fries, mayo and ketchup wedged in between two buns.

The inspiration behind the new sandwich came from a happy "culinary accident" with one of the chain's chefs, according to a message Burger King New Zealand posted to its Facebook page earlier this month. With that accident, in came the idea for the Chip Butty and Chip Butty with bacon.

It's only available to New Zealand customers right now for $2 ($1.27 USD), and it's unclear if it will make its way to other markets in the future.

Hi Stan,

does that mean that BK will go down in history as having actually invented the chip butty and have the intellectual rights to it.  

What next - deep fried Mars bars, sugar sandwich etc etc.

:lol::lol:

Roger

Edited by RogerH
2 minutes ago, Lebro said:

Mmmmm   brown sugar sandwich, now that takes me back  with real butter of course

My recollections was Sugar sandwich nicked from the Kitchen at Boarding school,  I have never had one since.

Back to the thread, I am sure that we are all thinking that a Chip Buttie is Commonplace these days,,  now I wish we had them at Boarding school  !!

Conrad.

23 minutes ago, SuzanneH said:

Crisp sandwich..............Mmmmm!

Those were great too and I still occasionally make one. I grew up in a poor working class family and as a kid a typical dinner would be an HP sauce sandwich and an Oxo cube in a mug of hot water. And I wonder why I'm only 5' 6" tall.

Hello All

What is wrong with a bread and dripping sandwich with a good sprinkle of salt ?

Roger

10 hours ago, rogerguzzi said:

Hello All

Roger

Nothing from the taste perspective! Probably everything for your arteries :-)

Iain

13 hours ago, mike ellis said:

Along similar lines we used to take a couple of Shredded Wheat spread with butter and lots of sugar for breakfast when picking hops at 7am on a cold, damp September morning.

Hi Mke,

I dd the same but with Weetabix - yum yum

Roger

11 hours ago, rogerguzzi said:

Hello All

Roger

Absolutely nothing is wrong with Pork, Turkey or Chicken dripping on toast with a little sprinkling of salt, everything in moderation does no harm at all and tastes Devine.

4 hours ago, RogerH said:

Hi Mke,

I dd the same but with Weetabix - yum yum

Roger

Weetabix, spread with a thick layer of butter and then Marmite . . . .to die for.

4 hours ago, SuzanneH said:

Absolutely nothing is wrong with Pork, Turkey or Chicken dripping on toast with a little sprinkling of salt, everything in moderation does no harm at all and tastes Devine.

Agreed - the key, as you say Sue, is "everything in moderation".  :)

5 hours ago, SuzanneH said:

Beef dripping Suzanne, beef. British of course.

Pete

2 hours ago, TorontoTim said:

Agreed - the key, as you say Sue, is "everything in moderation".  :)

Hello All

So is that 2 doubles a Day or more?

Roger

I was looking on the various news websites about what the Chinese like to eat and the wild animals that were for sale in  live animal market. The bat soup .......OMG !!!!

Then I read this  thread and read what some of you (and I !!!!) eat and created..... and wondered what the Chinese would think of us !!!!

On 2/23/2020 at 12:32 PM, Lebro said:

Mmmmm   brown sugar sandwich, now that takes me back  with real butter of course

My mum used to make what she called ice cream sandwiches 2 bits of frozen bread buttered and sprinkled with sugar, used to love it as a kid, but now the thought of it .....................

Edited by Kiwifrog
wrong emoji