gearbox & overdrive angle

1 hour ago, DanTR6 said:

Thanks Stuart, not seen another TR6 yet apart from one in Germany but i've been to a few of the UK converters as they are the distributors for things like the motor, batteries etc

I see some are using Tesla drive trains and batteries.

Stuart.

3 minutes ago, stuart said:

I see some are using Tesla drive trains and batteries.

Stuart.

yes, lots of the rear engine stuff like VW and Porsche fit a Tesla rear drive unit quite easily, the only issue is that you need most of the Tesla batteries to run it as the running voltage is quite high and with 400+ bhp it likes to pull a bit of current!  It didn't look like the motor would be an easy fit in a TR without cutting the chassis - my aim is apart from a couple of extra holes drilled in a couple of places that I don't cut anything on the car and it could go back to standard.

I've gone for a lower 120v system with 5 Tesla modules (16 makes up a full Tesla pack), still 240Nm of Torque at zero RPM and a 31KWh battery. 

I have an Instagram page if anyone is interested https://www.instagram.com/theroadwarrior_22/ 

7 minutes ago, rcreweread said:

Dan - what sort of sound system are you planning to use to replicate that beautiful staight 6 sound :ph34r:

cheers Rich

I will get the wife to drive my GT6 behind me for that ;-) 

Lots of pros and cons to a conversion, all I would say is to have a drive in one, its a very different driving experience.

The chap I purchased my GT6 from sold it because he could no longer drive it due to age, clutch/gearshift etc - my conversion will essentially be automatic with no gearbox with one pedal driving. 

Dan,
That looks like nice project. I’m sure you will not only have internet followers, but also others to make this conversion.

Waldi

• 1 month later...