louvres in the midlands

57 minutes ago, brenda said:

Looking good, I would of popped round if you had said you were working on the car, do you pop into the lambing shed for you lunch as that is on my route when out running in the engine.

Mike Redrose group 

Mike

spur of the moment thing. Fitted the bonnet and went to stockport Topgear finest custom exhaust artisans who have done some work on a clients twin v8.

then caught a few tour of Cheshire entrants.

if you are at the lambing shed during the week come and say hello at Trevor Farrington Ltd it’s 50m further down the drive. 
I’ll make you a brew. 
H

Very nice Hamish. This must also improve cooling, also when standing or moving slow.

Waldi

3 hours ago, Hamish said:

All finished and fitted. 

Looks good Hamish..  It'll look the part at your club sprint and hill climbs ..and I'm sure will help with under bonnet temperatures if you're held up and have to wait.

But the real proof of the pudding is..  does it feel faster ?  B)

Pete

38 minutes ago, Bfg said:

Looks good Hamish..  It'll look the part at your club sprint and hill climbs ..and I'm sure will help with under bonnet temperatures if you're held up and have to wait.

Pete

I hope it feels faster. But I’ll have to get used to the new 4.1:1 LSD diff. 

can’t remember running anything with RWD LSD so a steep learning curve. With the louvres being  a visual encouragement :blink:

Low ratio, limited slippppppppppppp........... diff huh. You're not giving your fellow competitors a chance. ;)

It will be interesting if you notice any degree of additional engine / tappet noise transmitted through the vents.

55 minutes ago, Bfg said:

Low ratio, limited slippppppppppppp........... diff huh. You're not giving your fellow competitors a chance. ;)

It will be interesting if you notice any degree of additional engine / tappet noise transmitted through the vents.

Pete

i fear I’m committing the cardinal sin of lots of changes all at once

and

being brought up in front wheel drive cars - I’m going to have to learn the car all over again. 

im trying for better handling and drive through and out of the corners rather than hunt for power. 
I’m staying in the <130bhp/tonne class. Just need to learn how to drive the new set up.

i did hear a new noise today just like a dynamo fan rubbing.

and guess what the bottom rear mounting bolt for the dynamo was missing. :rolleyes: so I was right about the noise.:unsure:

2 hours ago, Bfg said:

Pete

Bugger to does it feel faster, :lol: the clock is the only way to tell...if it corner's like it's on rails you're not driving it fast enough !

Mick Richards

15 hours ago, Hamish said:

trying for better handling and drive through and out of the corners rather than hunt for power. 

Once you're close to 130bhp /tonne then I'm 100% in agreement  ..it's a fun and more satisfying way to drive..  and I'm sure easier on the pocket than chasing ever more power and its traction.  

Just thinking out loud re. my own choice of TR..,  the 4A is just a tad over one tonne and 130bhp is a 24% increase in bhp over standard, but very achievable ..and is great fun to drive (..on the road).   Most likely, very much more power would really show up any shortcomings in frame and suspension, steering, brakes and tyres, and also accelerate wear and running cost, each of which would detract from the enjoyment.   Yes, I think 130bhp/t  is a good target.  Thanks Hamish.

33 minutes ago, Bfg said:

Once you're close to 130bhp /tonne then I'm 100% in agreement  ..it's a fun and more satisfying way to drive..  and I'm sure easier on the pocket than chasing ever more power and its traction.  

Just thinking out loud re. my own choice of TR..,  the 4A is just a tad over one tonne and 130bhp is a 24% increase in bhp over standard, but very achievable ..and is great fun to drive (..on the road).   Most likely, very much more power would really show up any shortcomings in frame and suspension, steering, brakes and tyres, and also accelerate wear and running cost, each of which would detract from the enjoyment.   Yes, I think 130bhp/t  is a good target.  Thanks Hamish.

l’m in class 2a so 130BHP/T is not only a target it’s a class limit in the club champs

whether class 1 or 2 There is a 130 threshold 

which state 

3. TECHNICAL REGULATIONS
3.1. Eligible Vehicles:
Any four wheeled production vehicle manufactured by Triumph and their derivatives shall be eligible to compete. Competitors must display the sponsor’s Championship stickers on each side of the car for the duration of each event.
3.2. Classes:
Class 1 Road Cars (S12) ROADSPORT
1A. Less than 90 BHP / Tonne
1B. 90 – 110 BHP / Tonne
1C. 111 – 130 BHP / Tonne
1D. Greater than 130 BHP / Tonne
Class 2 Road Cars (S12) TUNED ROADGOING
2A. Less than 130 BHP / Tonne
2B. 130 – 180 BHP / Tonne
2C. 181 - 230 BHP / Tonne
2D. Greater than 230 BHP / Tonne
Class 3 Modified Cars (S13) MODIFIED
3A. Less than 200 BHP / Tonne
3B. 201 – 280 BHP / Tonne
3C. 280 - 400 BHP / Tonne
3D. Greater than 400 BHP / Tonne
Where the power is at the Flywheel, which can be calculated from the power at the wheels plus 15% plus 10HP, and the weight is the weight of the car in its normal competition state excluding the driver.