TR3a rear brake pipe routing

Does  anyone please have a photo of how the rear brake pipes are routed    i have purchased an Automec  kit and i am either routing the pipes incorrectly or the n/s to o/s pipe is too short

the manuals for the 3A are really short of photos and info on the A variant   the pipes are  copper Nickel wi stainless fittings      for reference i am using  a loctite anti gauling compound which is superb

regards

Steve

20 hours ago, foster461 said:

Stuart is working on one at the moment I think. I assume the customer will get a discount for the missing clip on the diff cover.

Cheeky!:lol:

Stuart.

• 3 years later...
On 2/15/2020 at 11:18 AM, Graham Harris said:

Here is two more views.

Graham

P1010117.jpeg

P1010115.jpeg

Resurrecting this issue; these photos are very useful to me as I put in an Automec copper brake pipe system into a Tr3 (HGB1011) that was stripped out 25+ years ago, and not by me!  These mid and rear photos are very helpful.  Does anyone have any photos of the pipework routing around each front wheel / suspension turret / chassis area?  Many thanks in advance.   TonyBS

1 hour ago, TonyBS said:

Resurrecting this issue; these photos are very useful to me as I put in an Automec copper brake pipe system into a Tr3 (HGB1011) that was stripped out 25+ years ago, and not by me!  These mid and rear photos are very helpful.  Does anyone have any photos of the pipework routing around each front wheel / suspension turret / chassis area?  Many thanks in advance.   TonyBS

These may help

Stuart.

IMG_2725 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2724 - Copy.JPG

Thanks Stuart.  Yes, a great help.     I can now see where the copper pipe runs end, the lug that anchors the pipe to the chassis, and the beginning of the flexible link to each calliper.  I was confused by the lugs on the rear body curve of the suspension turrets  - each has a 1/2" or so size hole - what are they for?  Located about 2" forward and above of each brake pipe union.  You can see your n/s lug more clearly than the o/s.. 

Thanks also for confirming your new petrol line feed and its yellow protective cap.  Are you going to fit an original pull/push petrol cut off tap?  Ive tried several from Moss but never got that (lovely iconic) brass fitting to be petrol tight.  I currently have a rally type lever valve on my '56 TR3.   

35 minutes ago, TonyBS said:

Thanks Stuart.  Yes, a great help.     I can now see where the copper pipe runs end, the lug that anchors the pipe to the chassis, and the beginning of the flexible link to each calliper.  I was confused by the lugs on the rear body curve of the suspension turrets  - each has a 1/2" or so size hole - what are they for?  Located about 2" forward and above of each brake pipe union.  You can see your n/s lug more clearly than the o/s.. 

Thanks also for confirming your new petrol line feed and its yellow protective cap.  Are you going to fit an original pull/push petrol cut off tap?  Ive tried several from Moss but never got that (lovely iconic) brass fitting to be petrol tight.  I currently have a rally type lever valve on my '56 TR3.   

The large hole brackets are for earlier Lockheed pipe fittings. Thats an Italia chassis and they were never fitted with shut off taps.

Stuart.