CR Metering Pump

Morning all , i know this has probably been asked and answered before ( and i have looked )

but is the MU Timing for a CR engine wrong in the brown bible.

The reason for asking is i have just recieved my overhauled MU from Neil Ferguson and as i was there thought i would just check the timing.

It appears to be 180 out if the manual is right .

Car seemed to run ok before if a bit rich. Any help would be great.

Thanks Mick

Cheers for the clarification on the Brown book.

Have got it to 69mm  ( book specs 67 mm Max ) but the next tooth back moves it to the other end of the scale.

Should be close enough or is it ?    Probably did'nt explain what i meant John , when i removed the MU i had  number 6 valves rocking as per book

after fitting the recon MU had a look in no 6 outlet and the rotor hole was not visable, turned crank slowly in the direction of rotation and the hole appeared at

"roughly" 180 degrees . Removed pedestal, turned gear until i got it as close as 69 mm .

Does that make any sense

Thanks again for the insight Mick.

I would have thought that the closer to 20 degrees the better, are you  moving the pedestal or the MU drive gear shaft?   would have a smaller variation on the MU shaft as the gear teeth are smaller.

John

Hi John,  moving the MU drive , cant seem to get closer than about 50 degrees.

All up and running , slightly lumpy but i did not check the injectors for air, will do that tomorrow.

Might have another go at getting the timing closer , might be i kept missing a gog.

NCT  should be a standard CR cam , only done 76,000 and the last 2 owners never touched the engine but you never know.

i will check when i have more time.

If i cant get it closer i will have a try at timing it as a CP as you advise . easy enough to do.

Thanks again Mick.