Hi

My TR4A has TR4 vented front fenders and no side TR4A sidelamps or trim. I'd like to retrofit the sidelamps and trim and have collected all the parts over time.

My questions are:

1. The door rear pin (the only pin in the trim kit), are these held in place by the two tiny black tabs (see photos)?

2. There are 28 trim rivets in the kit. What pattern do these get installed? 7 per piece or 8 front and 6 door? How should they be spaced out? How close to the ends?

3. Does the trim slide over the rivets or click over them?

4. Any helpful advice that I should be aware of?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Andrew

IMG_20200212_104940776.jpg

IMG_20200212_105057225.jpg

6 minutes ago, Agrace said:

Hi

My TR4A has TR4 vented front fenders and no side TR4A sidelamps or trim. I'd like to retrofit the sidelamps and trim and have collected all the parts over time.

My questions are:

1. The door rear pin (the only pin in the trim kit), are these held in place by the two tiny black tabs (see photos)?  YES

2. There are 28 trim rivets in the kit. What pattern do these get installed? 7 per piece or 8 front and 6 door? How should they be spaced out? How close to the ends?

As the wing trim is longer than the door I would do 8 & 6

3. Does the trim slide over the rivets or click over them?   Click

4. Any helpful advice that I should be aware of?  Be very very careful when drilling the holes for the rivets.  Keep them in a very straight line.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Andrew

Roger

Along with Roger's suggestions for item 4 ... use masking tape, then draw the straight lines all along the wing and door, evenly space out the 8 plus 6 marks and use a very sharp centre  punch but push with your hand rather than hit with a hammer (the panels will easily dent if you are not careful) , drill slowly with a sharp drill bit and keep the drill well supported, ... make sure you have the right sized drill for the pop rivets and, once again, keep the pop rivet gun well supported as it tends to jump off the panel as the stem finally breaks.

Rob