TR6 Brake Servo Non Return Valve

Hi all,

I have a problem, in that, I have a broken servo non return valve, this is the valve that "push fits" into the servo.

I ordered a replacement from Moss, but the diameter is too big. Any ideas where I can get one that fits ? see attached pic.

I may have to just bite the bullit and order a new servo, if I have to do this, where is the best place to buy one from. I have looked on line - they all look slightly different.

Thanks in advance.

Mark.

P1060698.JPG

Hi John,

Sorry, the photo is of the old broken valve. 

The new one from Moss was part number 18G8953 the diameter is 23mm.

Any ideas ?

Mark.

Hi Mark,

I had a problem with the servo non return valve, posted December 2018.

I obtained a suitable valve from:

TD Fitchett Ltd  01952 620434, they had the origional part I needed No 516907 £15 plus £3 postage.

I found them very helpfull, perhaps give them a call.

Phil

This kind of thing would p** m* o**. Got to ask why Moss sell the wrong part in the first place!

11 hours ago, PodOne said:

This kind of thing would p** m* o**. Got to ask why Moss sell the wrong part in the first place!

Trouble is, all the suppliers seem to be selling different aftermarket servos, probably all with different size non return valves.

59 minutes ago, openroad said:

Hi Mark , did you get sorted. I reckon I have one knocking about if you are still looking.

Cheers Conrad. 

Hi Conrad,

Thanks for that. I will try TD Fitchett Ltd first and get back to you if they can't sort me out,

Cheers,

Mark.

17 hours ago, Mark Ogram said:

Hi all,

I have a problem, in that, I have a broken servo non return valve, this is the valve that "push fits" into the servo.

I ordered a replacement from Moss, but the diameter is too big. Any ideas where I can get one that fits ? see attached pic.

I may have to just bite the bullit and order a new servo, if I have to do this, where is the best place to buy one from. I have looked on line - they all look slightly different.

Thanks in advance.

Mark.

P1060698.JPG

That does not look like the correct one??? The Rimmers picture in the thread below is the same as what is on my car???

Bruce.

On 2/13/2020 at 9:30 AM, Mark Ogram said:

Bruce,

That is the one that came off my servo (minus the offtake tube that snapped off).

Mark.

Thats probably an after market servo then.

Stuart.

• 1 year later...
15 hours ago, Mendedit said:

Are all servo non return valves basically the same so long as they fit the diameters? ie won`t allow pressure out of the servo, or do they work at different vacuum pressures?

Theyre just a one way valve in their basic form.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart,                                                                                                                                                                                                    I didn`t think there could be a great difference unless a difference in spring strength