brenda

Brenda’s Engine

Pardon me for the following comment.....but that header wrapping is unnecessarily spoiling a fabulous looking engine.

I would match port the headers [and the inlet manifold]  and have them ceramic coated. The coating will in itself minimise the heat transfer.

Do you intend running a complete twin exhaust system or fit a collector at the termination of the headers and then a suitable sized single SS system.

2 minutes ago, Malbaby said:

Pardon me for the following comment.....but that header wrapping is unnecessarily spoiling a fabulous looking engine.

I would match port the headers [and the inlet manifold]  and have them ceramic coated. The coating will in itself minimise the heat transfer.

Do you intend running a complete twin exhaust system or fit a collector at the termination of the headers and then a suitable sized single SS system.

We had a well respected racer on here who took the time and money to do back to back tests of heat treatment inc ceramic and iirc the ceramic was looks over heat reduction performance. 

wrapping was certainly more cost effective if a little untidy looking. 

5 minutes ago, Malbaby said:

but that header wrapping is unnecessarily spoiling a fabulous looking engine.

As for me.. well I happen to like the exhaust wrap. When mostly tucked away under the carbs it's not at all offensive to my eyes.  Indeed I used it on my last classic to help keep the radiant heat from its inboard brakes, and again on the down-pipes of a previously owned 3.8 Jag whose radiant massive twin exhaust pipes kept its dynamo and PAS pump rather warmer than I liked.  Consequently I plan to do the same with my TR's exhaust.  

That's just my opinion like.  :ph34r:  ..and as you can see  ..I even wear the stuff to keep my headers warm !  B)

Malbaby  we have a single pipe then a Y pipe onto two back boxes all ss, I quite like the warp it been on the pipes for a few years now and had no problems with it. I’ll only see it when the bonnet is up in the garage for service checks and a polish.

Mike Redrose group 

Another successful morning after going food shopping with Carole, (it has to be done) day of tomorrow looking after grandson so back to it Saturday get car up in the air to fit exhaust and bleed brakes and clutch then hopefully Sunday we will see if she starts 

Mike Redrose Group 

2711B99B-D9C5-4D3D-AAB5-E7B550B4C983.jpeg

2EAD1CE5-D836-4822-8662-963CBD67EE20.jpeg

8281061F-50E6-4E20-B3A8-C8E987A8C21A.jpeg

Exciting times!

good luck with engine start

steve

Great progress Mike. 
good luck with the engine  start and running in.