Brenda’s Engine

Lovely morning for a run out getting some miles on the clock, hopefully by Sunday we can change the oil from running in oil to proper engine oil. One thing I have noticed is you feel the pot holes more in a TR than you do in a 4x4 and there seams to be a lot about.

Mike Redrose Group 

7622935E-A6FA-499A-A449-B0B1F44F4778.jpeg

Lovely photo again Mike - Thanks it helps keep me motivated. 

However, a thought ..which may or may not be applicable to the TR (..I'm still a newbie remember) but I'll mention it anyway  ..just in case. 

And that would be ; a new engine would be tight throughout it's running-in period. That friction lead to the engine running hotter,  and you have a lovely plate in front of the grille's air intake.

True, it's winter - so running it ought not be a problem, but as I say ..just in case.

Pete 

Morning Pete.  I was looking at that after the run she is only running a little warmer than it did with the old engine. I have always had something on the badge bar so I am going to move it and see if there is any difference, more air on to the rad can only be a good thing.

Mike Redrose Group 

5 hours ago, brenda said:

more air on to the rad can only be a good thing.

I might only agree.  I noted you have an electric fan on Brenda, and of course the thermostat would not circulate coolant unless the engine is up to temperature, so unless we have a heat-wave in the next few weeks ( ! ) :ph34r:  I suspect she'll not need a grille blind on either.   I jest only because we ran out of heating oil this week at home ..  and there's a 10 day delivery time.   yep., I got it wrong. 

As a side note I thought the rally plaque went on the back of the car ? 

Had a lovely drive this morning, weather was very nice just a few drops of rain, ended up at Penrhyn Castle for coffee and cake very nice, before heading back home. Car seems to be running well just a few minor tweaks to do, total miles today 195 so as I have now done the 350 miles with running in oil it’s time to change for new penrite 20/60 light classic oil. Then 200 more miles and can re torque the head and put it on the rolling road for final set up.

Mike Redrose group 

11A8EAE6-3EFA-4627-A340-D96705469857.jpeg

9C63CFF0-C2EB-4E61-B574-14FEB7621AC6.jpeg