Stoneleigh Spares Day

Hi all,

had a look on the site for info on who is where, and looking for some confirmation, this because last year there were no catalogues for the show, and hence no hall maps.

So Main entrance is into hall 2, hang aright and two stands down is the Scottish TR club? guessing thats Alan from Aberdeen etc.

Guess the Register Stand is in Hall 3, but which stand? and I see Richard, Conrad etc., along the back wall in Hall 3.

Can't see where Hall 3 is in relation to Hall 2,

do you need to go through Hall 1 to get to Hall 3?

Forum Meet 12.30 - 1.00PM if you want a chat etc. at our stand.

John.

Hi John,  the Halls have always been set out weirdly..

BUT  Main Entrance at the big Cafeteria,  takes you into HALL 2, hang a left and then left through the narrow joining area to HALL 1.

Go Right, Through Hall 1 to cross over into HALL 3..

Strange but True.

Have fun, 

Conrad.

Hello John

I have the TR4 bumper from Ian to give to you tomorrow at the Register stand.

In relation to whats where, I contacted the organisers who had a list of exhibitors (with no locations) and a map (with stand numbers but no idea who was where). I got them to list the exhibitors with their stand numbers so you could then cross reference with the maps. You would think that was logical but.... anyway they updated the web page so exhibitors are now listed with their locations.

Anyway to answer your question, you enter into hall 2, then turn left to hall 1 and then go to the right down to the end of hall 1 and there is the entrance to hall 3 which is where the club stands are..

Also hello to Conrad - I'll see you tomorrow as well to pick up Ian's light fitting

Keith

On 2/7/2020 at 12:36 PM, John Morrison said:

Hi all,

had a look on the site for info on who is where, and looking for some confirmation, this because last year there were no catalogues for the show, and hence no hall maps.

So Main entrance is into hall 2, hang aright and two stands down is the Scottish TR club? guessing thats Alan from Aberdeen etc.

Guess the Register Stand is in Hall 3, but which stand? and I see Richard, Conrad etc., along the back wall in Hall 3.

Can't see where Hall 3 is in relation to Hall 2,

do you need to go through Hall 1 to get to Hall 3?

Forum Meet 12.30 - 1.00PM if you want a chat etc. at our stand.

John.

2 hours ago, brenda said:

Looks a little wet and windy for the run down, but should be nice and dry once we get inside.

Mike Redrose Group 

It’s definitely on then?  Weather here (Leicester) suggests it shouldn’t be!

Roger not a party pooper I would say just wise The rain here in Derbyshire is intense to say the least but the wind is something else!!

I made the decision early on not to go but conditions have got a lot worse now !

Cheers Phil

Just got back home to North Devon - we did encounter some pretty nasty stuff early on in the journey but not as bad as I was expecting & certainly not as bad as other areas of the country are getting.

Thoroughly enjoyed Stoneleigh which in the main was down to meeting up with loads of old friends & making new ones - bought some bits & sold some bits....

Thought the numbers were probably down but that's not a surprise given the storm conditions for many & the recommendations not to travel unless necessary....

I do think it's about time the event organisers sorted a freebee printed programme showing the layout and who is where - it would make life a whole lot better for all the attendees & I suspect improve trade for the sellers, I had a devil of a job finding certain stalls I wanted to visit.

Yup, I had downloaded all that Andy - it was just a bit convoluted in the way you had to work out where everything was when you're working from a mobile phone...maybe just me as a grumpy ole' Bu$&er with bad eyesight!!

Still, on the plus side they have certainly sorted out the heating, a few years back it used to be like a cold wet ice box to walk around whereas today it was actually on the warm side :blink:

I agree it isn’t as convenient as a program would be.... I guess all down to the overall bean-counting for the event. I think I remember the year you mean, it was very very cold - thought I was going to get frost-bite!

..... Andy 

First time I've been shame about the weather and glad it was inside!

But what a great day out for collecting a few parts and making contacts nicer than the NEC IMO and free parking. Look forward to next year. 

12 hours ago, Chilliman said:

Just got back home to North Devon - we did encounter some pretty nasty stuff early on in the journey but not as bad as I was expecting & certainly not as bad as other areas of the country are getting.

Thoroughly enjoyed Stoneleigh which in the main was down to meeting up with loads of old friends & making new ones - bought some bits & sold some bits....

Thought the numbers were probably down but that's not a surprise given the storm conditions for many & the recommendations not to travel unless necessary....

I do think it's about time the event organisers sorted a freebee printed programme showing the layout and who is where - it would make life a whole lot better for all the attendees & I suspect improve trade for the sellers, I had a devil of a job finding certain stalls I wanted to visit.

Pretty much with John,

Rough trip home, but all arrived safe and sound,

Definately morespace between the stands, I can remember when you could barely pass with a small rucksack. none of that now.

Making it an overnighter, meeting up with fellow enthusiasts from Way Down South, to Way up North, organising via this forum transport for bits, the length of the UK,

and touching base with the Sue, Jo and the other stalwarts that man our stand, brilliant weekend trip at an otherwise rubbish time of the year for TR'ing!

John.

The Morning after the storm , so to speak, 

From someone that man's a stand point of view,  a good show , lots of familiar faces and some new ones . Plenty of parts going back to different parts of the country to be fitted., even over the seas to Ireland and France.

Thanks for coming to say hello chaps, to many to name . A damn good effort considering the weather conditions. 

Not sure why the organisers don't make it easier to navigate the show , another question to be asked !

Cheers Conrad. 

I am glad that I am not the only one getting lost in the show. It is a very useful meeting point and I managed to buy things that i did not know I needed. TR register stand was one of the best and I met some new friends and lots of old ones also. I was almost 'last at the party' and tried out the motorways down to the South coast. I was cruising at 50 mph and it was all safe. 

I has an airbnb for the night before and stayed about 3 miles away from Stoneleigh. I traveled up in daytime on Saturday in case of the weather. So I was looking for a local pub on Saturday night. I found The Burnt Post  nearby in a small village, possibly Fineham?, and it was the first time that I have seen a really busy pub for many years. It was almost too crowded to get in.  Where I live the pubs are very quiet and too attract customers they have to do food and have a car park. The Burnt Post only had toasted sandwiches and no car park. I asked if this was a special party and they all confirmed that it was always like this on a Saturday. There were young people and no one was looking at their 'phones. It was really interesting and they were all very friendly.  Next year I will investigate Coventry a bit more

On 2/8/2020 at 5:43 PM, John Morrison said:

XCellent Keith,

Thanks,

John.

Hello John

I was told you picked up the TR4 grille (not bumper as I mis-stated above) from Ian that I left on the Register stand. I kept coming back to the stand from time to time but it seems each time I was told you had disappeared to find a bacon bap. Not sure how many of these you consumed during the day? :unsure:

Not as many people there as usual probably because of the weather. Just glad that everything was indoors!

Keith