What coil, if it's higher output than standard you can open the plug gap up a tad. 

Anyway the normal gap is 0.025"

Gareth

7 hours ago, Mk2 Chopper said:

What coil, if it's higher output than standard you can open the plug gap up a tad. 

Anyway the normal gap is 0.025"

Gareth

Wow. Think i made a wee mistake. I set them to 0.54. Time to take them back out. Maybe thats why it was a wee bit unsettled when i started it. Thanks guys. 

What is the part number of the NGK plugs that you bought?

My experience says the standard BP 6 ES are fine and they come out the box with the correct gap ( which should be checked of course)  somewhere between 0.025”. & 0.032” is appropriate for standard set up and coil.  Other people have gone for modern iridium plugs and praise their performance   

Cheers

Peter W

4 minutes ago, murrayarnold said:

There must be something wrong. I am looking at 0.025 and its wafer thin. What am i missing

You are not getting MM and inches mixed up are you?

0.025 inch is about 0.63mm

Roger

16 minutes ago, Peter Cobbold said:

No to worry, NASA managed to hit the backside of Mars with a similar metric-imperial confusion.

oops

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
16 hours ago, Cameron said:

Just wondering, do you have  a fuel pressure regulator fitted, and what is the spark plug at the radiator end of the throttle linkages doing?

Cameron

Ten years ago when i swapped out the power sucking SU carbs, they had a water cooled manifold. The webbers dont.  So as a temp measure 10 years ago i blanked the pipe with the only available item available. Its been there ever since