Hi Lee,

you could use the standard rectangle mount but there have been concerns about the rubber quality for a long time.

These work well and with decent rubber  

LandRover engine mounts - www.johnrichardssurplus.co.uk

Part # NRC2054

The only issue is that they M8 treads on the stud. They fit OK but you do need the M8 nuts

Roger

I have those mounts on my TR4a (thanks Roger), and they work fine. I replaced the mounts while the engine was still in place, so getting the old crusty ones out was a real struggle, especially undoing the nuts. Getting the new ones in wasn’t as hard, once I had the removal technique figured out. 
BTW - the old ones were so perished, the fan extension was only about 1/8 inch away from contacting the cross bar!

Jim

I checked out the John Richard site, very nice, but at the low price they quote the part cannot be a genuine Land Rover part. I have searched many other sites and most list Bearmach or some other aftermarket maker. The real deal seems priced about 10X more.

https://www.johnrichardssurplus.co.uk/land-rover/series-1948-1984/engine/engine-rubber-mounting-nrc2054.html

Rovers North here in the states wants almost $40 for the genuine article, whereas they sell the Proline reproduction for $4.95 each.

https://www.roversnorth.com/parts/nrc2054_motor_mount_4_cyl_petrol_series_ii_iia_iii

Hi Andy,

the John Richards product does come in  LandRover branded packaging. However this is easy to fake. But their whole site openly covers LR parts.

However ignoring originality these mounts have a better lasting quality than the normal TRiumph suppliers. The rubber does not craze in a matter of days.

Roger

Hello All

Surplus could be the clue?

So probably good parts?

Roger