paint scheme

Hi Mike,  it is my understanding that very early TR6's  did have the windscreen in body colour.  Similarly, the cills should be painted black up to the chrome strip.   As a 69 car you might be on the cusp of the change over to black screen surrounds  but no doubt fellow forumites will confirm one way or another in dues course. 

hoges.  

'69 car should have body coloured windscreen surround and black lower sills, up to the trim line as per Hoges post.

Ian

40 minutes ago, jimcwestie said:

Here is a photo to help you a 1969.

Jim

IMG_0192 (2).JPG

I love an early '6, thanks for posting. Definitely going to paint my sills black, looks perfect. 

Gareth

Edited by Mk2 Chopper
Spelling
10 hours ago, bluerinse said:

Thank you. Just one further question.

Is the black on the sill the same satin black as the rear panel?

Mike.

I believe it was a textured 3M style sealant rather than just paint, but I’m sure someone will confirm or otherwise.

I have my car sprayed with a thin layer of bodyschutz followed by satin black on the sills, same color as rear valence and part of the front valence behind the grille; 1970CP. Believed to be original.

Waldi

The original factory colour for the rear panel was matt black for all years. I painted mine Satin though, because Satin is easier to manage. I think the sills were painted with some type f schutz but not sure on that one,

The original paint used was ICI Matt Black air drying paint reference 062/4523 used in conjunction with thinners ref 851/222. This information was published in Standard Triumph Newsletter no 203 for w/e 18/04/69.

This was provided by Derek Graham the TR6 registrar.