Hi All

Can anyone supply a photo of the inner side of the sidescreen. Is there a bulbous piece at the lower front that butts up against the scuttle to stop water coming through that area. I can't find any decent pictures showing this. Or is there something others have done to eliminate this

Thanks

Brian

A problem from the early days....here’s the competitions department solution, some foam blocks strategically placed! This is VRW219.

2013-09-20-Van D065.jpg

Edited by iain

I use a couple of strips of memory foam to do the same. The original sidescreens only had a flap sewn on at that point.

Stuart.

I think it depends on the sidescreen type. The works cars up to 58 had flap bottomed sliding panel,  permanently attached sidescreens. Fixed along the bottom edge with a chrome strip. This allowed entry in to the GT class of competition.( as opposed to Sports car Classification). As below.

Ps...if anyone has a chrome strip and would like to sell it, I would be very interested, I have one , but not the other! 
These are part of the “GT kit” introduced in 57 for this very reason.

Monte Carlo 2.jpg

Edited by iain

The sidescreen is shaped to press hard against the body at that point. On my daily driver they have worn the paint away pressing against the body.

Mine doesn't leak from that area. Many other areas, but not there.

11 hours ago, John McCormack said:

The sidescreen is shaped to press hard against the body at that point. On my daily driver they have worn the paint away pressing against the body.

Mine doesn't leak from that area. Many other areas, but not there.

They did do that originally and that was what the flap was supposed to stop as that type had a slight clearance there.

Stuart.