On a lovely Sydney day vivdownunder (a TR guru known to many of you) dropped in and we took the long door TR2 for a drive. Viv's advice was instrumental in getting this car to its current state so it was a pretty special day for Viv, me and the car.

IMG_3674.JPG

IMG_3666.JPG

IMG_3668.JPG

The car looks very well done. My 3A was like that in 1986, when I won the concours at the IWE, but now it looks very tired. Sometimes people say that they like to see a car in that condition and not all polished. 

Enjoy it now, while you can, and let us know how you solve the overheating issues. I uprated the radiator core.

Send us a picture out on the road. Also your garage is much too tidy:)

Richard & B.

18 hours ago, Richardtr3a said:

The car looks very well done. My 3A was like that in 1986, when I won the concours at the IWE, but now it looks very tired. Sometimes people say that they like to see a car in that condition and not all polished. 

Enjoy it now, while you can, and let us know how you solve the overheating issues. I uprated the radiator core.

Send us a picture out on the road. Also your garage is much too tidy:)

Richard & B.

Thanks Richard. My intention is that this car will stay in the current condition. I will use this car for local club runs on nice days, we have two regular monthly runs of about 120 kms so it should get to one of those each month plus a few other events. I have the short door TR2, also a Concours winner 40 something years ago and rather rough now, and the TR6 for the rain, hail and shine long tours.

Once I had fitted a sleeved thermostat and the 6 blade "tropical option" fan it doesn't overheat even on hot (low 30 degC) days here.  I haven't yet been stuck in traffic on a 40 degC plus day but that isn't a reasonable benchmark for any TR.