TR Tours - Picos de Europa tour

If you missed out on the TR Tours - Loire Valley and/or the UK European Meeting then here is another opportunity to drive your TR in the company of other club members. This time to Northern Spain and the Picos mountains. TR Tours has partnered with Classics on the Road who have designed this amazing tour driving the most beautiful roads in the Picos de Europa area, with off-the-beaten-track itineraries and visits: https://www.tr-register.co.uk/event/2020/09/2252/TR-Tours-Picos-de-Europa-tour

Mick

Triumph-Pamplona 251.jpg

Edited by Mick Forey

Watch the tourist coaches coming down from Covadonga. I had a heart stopping downhill reversing manoeuvre of 100m or so with no safety rail to allow one to pass. He wasn’t giving way.  Lovely scenery though. 

Edited by peejay4A
  • 11 months later...

The TR Tours - Picos de Europa tour has been rescheduled to the 4th to 12th May 2021. We already have enough cars booked to ensure that the tour is going ahead, subject to any further restrictions. However, there is space for a few more cars to join the lucky members escaping to the wonderful roads and sunshine of Northern Spain. Follow the link for more details and booking instructions.

https://www.tr-register.co.uk/event/2021/05/2252/TR-Tours-Picos-de-Europa-tour-May-2021

Mick

That’s interesting Mick

i have a motorcycle trip to southern spain booked for end march to 9th may.

this means i’ll be back in northern spain 7-9 May and could maybe meet up with the group?

will a schedule be published or is it more ad-hoc in nature?

regards

steve

Hi Steve, follow the link to the webpage, the itinerary is a link within it called  DOSSIER_TRREGISTER_PICOSEUROPA.pdf. At the end of the .pdf there are contact details for Diego and Stuart. Contact them to see if you can join the tour on your bike, that would add some spice. Will you be on an old Triumph? 

Mick

• 5 weeks later...

It will come as no surprise to hear that this tour has been delayed again, this time to the 7th to 14th September 2021. I hope this will encourage even more of you to participate in this tour taking some of the best roads in Europe, finest scenery, culture, food and maybe a few glasses of wine, all in the glorious sunshine. I will update the brochure in the link as soon as possible.

Mick

https://www.tr-register.co.uk/event/2021/09/2252/TR-Tours-Picos-de-Europa-tour-NOW-DELAYED-until-September-2021

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2021 at 2:00 PM, Mick Forey said:

It will come as no surprise to hear that this tour has been delayed again, this time to the 7th to 14th September 2021. I hope this will encourage even more of you to participate in this tour taking some of the best roads in Europe, finest scenery, culture, food and maybe a few glasses of wine, all in the glorious sunshine. I will update the brochure in the link as soon as possible.

Mick

https://www.tr-register.co.uk/event/2021/09/2252/TR-Tours-Picos-de-Europa-tour-NOW-DELAYED-until-September-2021

Enjoy your trip folks whenever it happens, hopefully sooner rather than later as Northern Spain offers some fantastic roads and the scenery in the Picos is absolutely breathtaking - we drove from Northern Spain down to the coast in June 2019 on our 3-week/3.000 mile Euro tour.  These photos were taken on the N621 driving to Potes, Cantabria via San Glorio Mountain Pass.   

Cheers, Andrew

379714477_VegadeLibana-N-621SanGlorioMountainPassSpain(1).thumb.JPG.38e057944c627fbee9058c87aca249b4.JPG

1929668270_VegadeLibana-N-621SanGlorioMountainPassSpain(2a).thumb.jpg.7e7280b7acb9dd7afaca45923ba412ad.jpg

2099325447_VegadeLibana-N-621SanGlorioMountainPassSpain(2).thumb.JPG.bd3573e041d2b9a72c8fe356b7e43830.JPG

1366935637_VegadeLibana-N-621SanGlorioMountainPassSpain(3).thumb.JPG.99dc5c1832ca689cf28d12def77132ca.JPG

Thise roads look epic Andrew!

i was due to motorcycle down to Denia again at the end of March, but today Brittany Ferries cancelled :-(

currently i have no trips booked, it’s not looking like a good year travel wise !

i do plan to make the most of the TR and maybe do some totally unnecessary upgrades :-)

steve