Heater fan

1 hour ago, marki said:

Hi All.

I'm after a new or refurbished fan motor for the heater as its no longer available.

does anyone know a supplier or have one by any chance ?

Cheers Mark.

Mark,

You could try Clayton Classics for a heater fan  http://claytonclassics.co.uk/parts-upgrades/112-heating

Dave McD

I got one at the international in Stratford. Shame I cannot remember the name of the firm, midlands based . They had a stand outdoors and were selling all sorts of starter motors, wiper motors etc. They had a box full of new heater motors. If anyone has a list of the vendors it might help jog the memory.

Hi Keith I might be interested I will be on stand 569 hall 3 if you haven’t sold it by then. Cheers Clem

The motor in the heater on my recently acquired 6 had failed. Armature windings shorted and wires to the motor melted as a result. The motor was completely shot.

I found these guys: https://www.thhs.co.uk/transport-heating-and-hose-supplies/product/736-12v-heater-motor-smiths-type-m1210-3925

They had a number of suitable motors but I bought the one pictured in the link as it was the closest match to the original. There are differences and you need to put a flat on the shaft if you want to fit the original fan. That took a few minutes with an angle grinder. If you can't be bothered with that they did have a different motor that already had the flat on it.

I also needed to modify the mount with the three legs as the mounting plate on the motor, the one with the 3 holes, is in a different position. To do that I had to drill out the three pop rivets that hold the original mounting assembly together and use some short spacers. That took me a little bit longer but if you have the parts then easily doable within an hour or so.

The picture below shows the trial assembly. I need to strip it down again to treat the rust on the tripod plate but everything fits OK.

IMG_0251.thumb.jpeg.07180ac8b5e07426baf0bb532526c6f9.jpeg

Hi All.

Wow great replies, I've now sent it to a local auto electrician who is looking at it.

if he doesn't come up trumps I'll continue my hunt.

many thanks for the input, Mark.