Lucas LR spotlights

Just had to tell somebody!

I've been looking for spare sealed beam 55 W halogen units to fit the Lucas LR range of spotlights having established the replacement 5 1/2" ones for the Rover/Triumph quad headlamps for saloons are not only too deep to fit the shell, but have different lugs moulded onto their perimeter. 

Occasionally you see some on the bay but generally only the fog lens, used and LR6 or 9 which aren't period for the TR6.

I found two at Malvern Autojumble yesterday and the stall had a further eight, all spot and LR14 and NOS in their original orange and black Thorn boxes dated 0974 with the lenses marked Lucas. Having spent 15 years trying to find some, my offer for the job lot was accepted as I can't see me ever finding them again!

I also found a NOS boxed Stadium Quartz Iodine but with the new fangled Plus Vario so you could dim it for use in fog from 1968 or so. Good old control dash side with the instructions advising to put the rheostat under the bonnet........

I'll calm down now!

Regards

Bill