New TR5 ownership

After much thought I have just become the owner of another project car, TR5 UDH 214F Chassis No CP1503 which will soon be replacing my TR4A and TR6.

It's a very unfinished project which stalled in the 90s comes with a new chassis, floors and inner and outer sills, originally from Wallsall.

Paul

IMG_0015.jpeg

Hi Paul, I bet it has put a smile on face, it did mine  !

Great to see another 5 about to be rebuilt and back on the road where it belongs.

Looks like a really worthwhile Project.

Cheers Conrad. 

Thanks for your words of encouragement guys there will be a fair bit missing, so far the top of my shopping list is a peddle box.

Paul

56 minutes ago, modelbuilder said:

Great news Paul! Eddy W. Has some panels & bits left over if you need any. Hopefully his should be on the road this year.

see you soon, Rodders.

AF7FF0A0-4847-4E74-803D-E7A04F891833.jpeg

Thanks Rodney, Eddies is looking good unfortunately im a long way from that, I hear you are also back into TR ownership that's good news.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Looks promising ( scant rust through )!

I see it has the '69 wheels, rarest of the lot. My Rostyle wheelcovers  ( which I distilled from ~ a dozen ) are taking up too much space now that I decided never to fit them. When your gaze falls upon this finishing touch put a query on here and if I still have them they can be yours. They're in good but not perfect condition; price will reflect as much.

Cheers,

Tom

17 hours ago, Tom Fremont said:

Hi Paul,

Looks promising ( scant rust through )!

I see it has the '69 wheels, rarest of the lot. My Rostyle wheelcovers  ( which I distilled from ~ a dozen ) are taking up too much space now that I decided never to fit them. When your gaze falls upon this finishing touch put a query on here and if I still have them they can be yours. They're in good but not perfect condition; price will reflect as much.

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom 

Thanks for that Tom very early stages for me at the moment to be thinking of wheel trims, in fact I was not aware the wheels were hard to find as I only have the four.  This morning I got the car on a lift to examine underneath, indeed I was pleasantly surprised it has a new chassis completely reinforced in all the suspect areas along with all new suspension gear which has been powder coated and well preserved, new floors, sills and boot. All the attention will be to the tub which has been stripped of its paint 20+ years ago and is coated in surface rust (hopefully), it's a good project that should yield a very tidy TR5.

If you still have the Rostyle wheel covers I could well be interested.

Regards

Paul