Replacement chassis recommendations please.

Does anyone have experience of the replacement chassis available through Rimmers?

It is made in the UK by Britparts and considerably cheaper than the CTM option.

I am considering buying one and would welcome any comments from anyone who has used one.

Equally if you have used another option I haven't mentioned and can recommend it please let me know.

Many thanks

Tim

12 hours ago, TR Tim said:

Does anyone have experience of the replacement chassis available through Rimmers?

It is made in the UK by Britparts and considerably cheaper than the CTM option.

I am considering buying one and would welcome any comments from anyone who has used one.

Equally if you have used another option I haven't mentioned and can recommend it please let me know.

Many thanks

Tim

Showing as NLS

Stuart.

Edited by stuart
8 minutes ago, roy53 said:

Did we not hear from Colin that he was still in business but moved it to France ?

or wishful thinking on my part ?

Roy

Yes I believe he is, might be a tad expensive carriage though,  not sure if he is still contactable through the original CTM email though.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

And Revington is now producing chassis for all TR models.

Saw Colin at the 50th celebrations - not sure he has yet re-started production in France, but said he was intending to do so.

Ian Cornish

5 minutes ago, ianc said:

And Revington is now producing chassis for all TR models.

Ian Cornish

Very pricey in comparison.

Stuart.

I think Colin isn’t far from me, I do come over with an empty car trailer from time so could carry a couple to deliver in the uk? 

4 hours ago, elclem1 said:

I think Colin isn’t far from me, I do come over with an empty car trailer from time so could carry a couple to deliver in the uk? 

Good idea!

Stuart.

Could be a little tricky now with brexit happening tomorrow I may need paperwork to accompany and goods brought to the UK!

I believe Mark (FlyingEnglishMen on eBay) may have one. I saw a Perfect chassis at his place when I collected an eBay purchase from him.

I thought was a new CTM chassis or a nos one as it couldn’t be faulted. He told me it was off an Arizona 76 TR6 that had been on the road for a few years then stored.

NFI in the chassis. I would have been in the market if I hadn’t already brought a ctm chassis.

On 1/30/2020 at 5:06 PM, iain said:

Unfortunately you will. 

But only if it’s for personal gain, which it isn’t for me just doing a friend a favour.

Colin is going to start remanufacturing the chassis from his place in France. I went to see him back in October 2019 before he moved out of his premises. The chassis is a very nice product and you won't go wrong. I am still debating on ordering a new one and emailed him two weeks ago. He stated he will be setting up the tooling etc shortly and will be producing in the not too distant future. You will though need to provide him the front turrets of your existing chassis.

Thanks,

M.