4A, 5, 250 front bumper

Have now got to the re-assembly stage of my 5 project.

The original front bumper on the car is very bent and past straightening - I think. So I was hoping that somebody out there may have a suitable straight candidate for rechroming.

All the rest of the bright work on the car has polished up really well so I do not really want to go down the stainless route.

If you think that you may be able to help me please let me know.

Many thanks,

Tim 

Tim - I will have some rechromed bumpers available shortly which I will be taking to Stoneleigh, and will have both 4 and 4A front ones , if you want to save yourself the hassle of getting a good used one and then getting it rechromed.

I see you are OK for the other chromework but I will also be taking a good selection of other  bumpers for 4s 4As & 5s and rears plus a good selection of over riders. I don't have any TR6 bits though if anyone else is interested.

PM me if interested 

Cheers  Rich

Roger- many thanks for advice. Will give Colonade a call tomorrow and discuss. I would prefer to go down the repair route as there has been very little on the car that has had to be replaced to date - only trailing arm sections and B post rear sections.

Richard - will be in touch if plan A fails!

Many thanks both.

Tim

Hi Tim,  getting one that you already own repaired is always a good option,  but I do understand that straightening one out then rechroming can be very expensive.  Maybe just find a nearly good one and rechrome.

Maybe there is one in someone's shed just waiting for you and is ready to fit !! After a quick Polish.

Maybe RCR has the one for you too ,  so many options, but if you are anything like me , the idea is not to part with too much cash  !!

Have fun, 

Cheers Conrad. 

Now now you two!

Have spoke with Colonnade and the repair is not really ideal they say.

So will be looking for a good straight unit which I can get re-chromed along with the other bits.

Who can help?

Many thanks,

Tim

I agree it is a shame but they know best. Although the bumper does not look too bad especially when the number plate is fitted, it is badly twisted. 

Hoping that Conrad or Richard may have something lurking in their grottos!!!

Tim

Thanks Ian will do that.

Tim