Question for Wayne.

Hello Wayne can you explain why the posts on the actions of Lambkin Smith have been closed.  You say that you have done this that and the other but a full explanation would be appreciated, this Gentleman has been proved to be not so. Exactly what are the BOD doing?

And again why stop the posts?

Can I suggest it might be a good idea to 'pin' that thread so the unwary can see it in future? That might save someone else from being caught.

Hello Pete,

it was not Wayne but in fact me who eventually locked that particular thread.

Posts were starting to add less to the subject factually, but becoming more abusive,

'Where are the Krays when you need them' etc.

Experience tells me that when this starts to happen, we have a  habit of 'Spiralling down,' with little new facts, just abusive comment.

What I would say is that should another, different situation arise, then a new post advising all of the facts, should be started, but keeping to facts and not just insults and inuendo.

A search on the subject will reveal lots of info, plus an article printed in TR Action, 314, entitled 'How not to spend your retirement fund,' is a heart breaking read on the

expensive and soul destroying things that have happened.

What I am saying Pete, is this story  is not new, and those of us in the TR Register knew all about this.

Pete, the other thing to add is that therad is only locked, not hidden or deleted so is available for anyone to read

John.

Hi RedTom,  I have sent you a Pm. On the Lambkin Smith  Matter.

I can hardly bear to write his name, bu needs must if he is to be found out and stopped.

Cheers Conrad. 

It should be the clubs duty to warn new members of rouge traders like this and hopefully stop them making contact .

The most immediate way is the forum, always a quick response to questions.

Roy

Roy, you are right in that the forum is a rapid way of spreading information but it does rely on new forum members searching the existing material or asking the question before buying a part or paying for a service. That was one reason why the new forum "Best TR parts and sources" was created. It was not clear to me that the original poster was actually a member of the club or not.

Mick

13 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Hello Pete,

Experience tells me that when this starts to happen, we have a  habit of 'Spiralling down,' with little new facts, just abusive comment.

John.

It was a joke, surely you recognise the humour. What a sorry state of affairs this forum has become.

i am appalled.

13 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Hello Pete,

it was not Wayne but in fact me who eventually locked that particular thread.

Posts were starting to add less to the subject factually, but becoming more abusive,

What I would say is that should another, different situation arise, then a new post advising all of the facts, should be started, but keeping to facts and not just insults and inuendo.

A search on the subject will reveal lots of info, plus an article printed in TR Action, 314, entitled 'How not to spend your retirement fund,' is a heart breaking read on the

expensive and soul destroying things that have happened.

What I am saying Pete, is this story  is not new, and those of us in the TR Register knew all about this.

Pete, the other thing to add is that therad is only locked, not hidden or deleted so is available for anyone to read

John.

Fair enough John.