I've become disconnected from my user name. I was registered at one point under my "TomMull" user name and after failing to renew for a few years finally got it renewed recently. When I tried to renew, I failed to login under that user name and unwisely created a new one "GreenTurtle" or "Greenturtle" in order to renew the membership  and I guess I created a new user name. Now, I cannot retrieve the TomMull user name since it shows that it is already in use. I still use the TomMull username on the forum but of course I  show as an unregistered user. I would like to re-connect with that name. I am, as you can probably tell, not particularly compatible with the information age.

I did send a message under the Register's contact link with no response as yet. Any help will be appreciated.

Tom

Hi Tom,

We only have a record of the account you used to post the above query so cannot reinstate any previous versions I'm afraid. The forum does operate an automatic cleanse whereby if an account is not logged in to for a number of years, it is deleted. That may have been what occurred here. 

Happy to reinstate your membership if you can PM me your membership number. 

On 1/23/2020 at 9:01 AM, Wayne Scott said:

Hi Tom,

We only have a record of the account you used to post the above query so cannot reinstate any previous versions I'm afraid. The forum does operate an automatic cleanse whereby if an account is not logged in to for a number of years, it is deleted. That may have been what occurred here. 

Happy to reinstate your membership if you can PM me your membership number. 

Thanks very much for the reply but I am unable to access my membership number.

Your system does not recognize my email, nute_shop@hotmail.com so I cannot retrieve or reset my password. The password that I have,  which I'm quite sure is correct, does not work with my user name or my email.

I used your link to update my profile using the same email and still cannot access the members area.

At this point I am quite frustrated and regret that I cannot participate as a member of your otherwise excellent organization. I'll also miss my copy of TR Action which I read cover to cover.

I am not laying blame and make no excuses other than my inability to cope the requirements of your system.

With Regrets,

TomMull

FWIW, I don't think I got a notification of your reply even though that option was checked on my post.

Hi Tom,

I have sent you a PM and am sure I can help with your issues.

Also you have been tagged as a member in here as you have successfully renewed until Jan 2021.

Please see my private message for further help and information. These messages are accessed via clicking the envelope at the top right of the forum. I will also email you the messages direct. 

On 1/26/2020 at 1:48 PM, foster461 said:

It sounds like Tom has a problem accessing the members only section https://www.tr-register.co.uk/login

Tom, that is normally your email address used as the username but it is odd that you cant reset your password with it. Are you sure you didnt use a different email for the login ?

Stan

Right Stan. When I tried to renew I could not access the members area and I think I may have set up a duplicate account. Things went downhill from there. However I am now listed as a member rather than a user on the forum, which was my concern. I've got a better idea of how this all works thanks to Wayne's efforts and will try logging in again when I finish warming my backside here in Marathon FL.

Cheers,

Tom

3 hours ago, TomMull said:

Right Stan. When I tried to renew I could not access the members area and I think I may have set up a duplicate account. Things went downhill from there. However I am now listed as a member rather than a user on the forum, which was my concern. I've got a better idea of how this all works thanks to Wayne's efforts and will try logging in again when I finish warming my backside here in Marathon FL.

Cheers,

Tom

Cool. You could hit Cuba with a rock from there.. Hope you get your account sorted out and we will look forward to seeing you in the spring.