Replacement Period Battery TR4

Hi Nigel, don't know if you are replacing like with like,

or you are just looking for the period part.

Just be aware these are really heavy, even compared to a modern battery, and it can be hard work to reach across and locate them.

I had one and needed two permanent lifting straps to enable fitting /removal.

John.

Saw one or two on Holden Vintage & Classic recently. (Worth noting that their batteries are supplied to your door in dry condition, with a separate container of acid for you to fill). 

Haven't used them myself. But I'm sure others will be along shortly with further suggestions. (Plus, of course, the obligatory period Lucas sticker, also from Holden).

ClassBatt.jpg.4021e1f3ebbf2dac5894b0dfaaf4d3d2.jpg

LucaStick.thumb.jpg.68694c613bf50307fc9d0f38468f8e36.jpg

Cheers, Deggers

Lincon batteries are OK - I bought one a couple of years ago for my vintage car, not the TR.

That link to Lincon above  and Deggers' post says they supply the acid mix separate from the battery. They certainly used to do that but following recent legislation it is illegal now unless you have a special licence to hold poisons and explosives. 

I think many companies are now supplying the batteries filled, but that makes problems for carriage. 

Edited by RobH