Hi Guys

As you might have seen my car as been at the body shop for about 5 weeks, they did start up about Three or four times but I think they let it run on the choke till warm. Now when I picked the car up it’s was really low on fuel so decided go and fill her up now as I pulled away it was popping and misfiring like a good un put the fuel and it seemed better so when I got home I checked and cleaned the plugs no 6 was wet. Took her out for an Italian tune up and it run better but a little hesitant, got back on the drive but will only tickover at 500 rpm . I put a new set of plugs in but it still the same. 
It was running well before it went in

Edited by Paul Hill

Are all the injector pipes pulsing? Maybe you need to bleed an injector or two? 

By the way the new paint looked good in the pictures you posted. 

Gareth

Yes Gareth injector pipes are fine. I did think it may be getting some air from somewhere. Re the paint the guy is very good.

Hi Paul, Assume you've checked timing and pulled off each plug lead, especially number 6 to check they are making a difference at tick over.

On 1/20/2020 at 6:55 PM, Paul Hill said:

Yes Gareth injector pipes are fine. I did think it may be getting some air from somewhere. Re the paint the guy is very good.

If air was getting in I would think the tickover would be higher, or racier. However, to determine if air is getting in spray carb cleaner around the balance tubes and if the tickover increases then it is.

Cheers, Andrew

Thanks Andrew will try that

Paul

Mine as always idled at 750 rpm

Very simple fix but me being thick. It was the throttle bodies not in sync played about with the adjusters hey presto