3 hours ago, bigmalcy said:

HI Richard
Just curious about the method of removing the springs... are you saying that you undid all body fastenings, left the doors open and then jacked up the rear?  So in leaving the doors open you allowed the body to hinge slightly as the rear came up?  I may have to do this myself at some point... what is the advantage in allowing the body to flex?

If I end up having to do that because of the pin being frozen solid I leave the doors shut as otherwise you will end up with more problems.

Stuart.

47 minutes ago, stuart said:

If I end up having to do that because of the pin being frozen solid I leave the doors shut as otherwise you will end up with more problems.

Stuart.

That's what I thought... but RIchard definitely said doors open... so when you do it Stuart, you also undo all body mounting bolts?  No issue with body flex with the doors shut?

1 hour ago, bigmalcy said:

That's what I thought... but RIchard definitely said doors open... so when you do it Stuart, you also undo all body mounting bolts?  No issue with body flex with the doors shut?

Obviously if the inner sills are rotten then you will get flex but normally its OK , you dont need to go up that high but dont forget to unbolt the steering box and watch the flexible fuel pipe to the chassis has enough slack or disconnect it.

Stuart.

It was a long time ago and i am sure that Stuart is right. Best with the doors closed. But this is better than trying to move the pin which requires a lot of luck and persistence. Easier to win the lottery?

Richard & B.