CP Throttle Bodies - Balance Tube Sealing

Hi All,

Just taken the throttle bodies off to (hopefully) get the butterflies centred so they seal properly.

The hoses on the balance tubes were very tight, so much so, that one of the tubes came out of the body. It looks as though this was never "sealed" into the body properly, as there are signs of some sort of leakage (see pgoto below).

My question is, should these metal tubes be bonded/sealed into the bodies, or just push fit ? The same applies to the air idle valve. Just want to go belt and braces on this to make sure I have no leaks anywhere.

Thanks.

Mark.

002.JPG

4 minutes ago, Waldi said:

Hi Mark,

I would use a suitable Loctite product an an Araldite 2K product.

Waldi

Thankyou Waldi,

I was thinking of Araldite, that should seal as well as bond.

3 hours ago, SeanF said:

That doesn't look like an original metal tube to me. Don't think mine are chromed. Also evidence of some kind of sealer/glue around the hole in the TB.

Sean, they are the correct tubes (plated steel) problem was, they were not properly "bonded/sealed into the throttle bodies hence the trace of fuel on the body.